Quantitative Climate Risk Specialist– Remote Option
Job Reference #
Gdańsk, Kraków, Warsaw, Wroclaw
Are you interested in quantitative risk modelling and knowledgeable of statistical, mathematical or econometrical models used in the financial industry? Do you have experience in mathematical finance or you have relevant academic background in this area? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to apply new analytical techniques to solve quantitative problems especially in the area of climate risk management?
We’re looking for a quantitative climate risk specialist to:
• Support the development and the maintenance of models used for risk management and stress testing of Global Wealth Management portfolios of UBS with particular focus on climate stress testing components of physical and transition risk
• Assume responsibilities for data documentation and implementation testing
• Help develop prototype codes that will be used in productive systems
• Communicate technical information to Senior Management, Client Advisors, Risk Officers and Subject Matter Experts.
You’ll be working in the Expected Credit Loss & Credit Stress Methodology team within the Credit Risk Methodology department in our office in Krakow or remotely from other parts of Poland. We develop, refine, implement and maintain mathematical, statistical and stress testing models to measure credit risk of the UBS Wealth Management portfolios for regulatory and business steering purposes. For the development of our methodologies we use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics. Models are implemented mainly in R and / or Python, before being embedded in the productive risk infrastructure on the Cloud.
• Prior working experience in the financial services industry, including experience with climate risk modelling is a plus
• Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance, Econometrics, Mathematics, Statistics)
• Sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their application
• Coding skills with statistical modelling software (R or Python) is a minimum
• 2-3 years of work experience in credit risk (Pillar II and / or Pillar I)
• Experience with large data sets / big data is beneficial
• Good communication skills
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written form
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.