Principal Front-End/Full-Stack Developer [IB Technology]
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about leveraging the latest technologies for strategic change? Do you enjoy problem solving in clever ways? Are you organized enough to drive change across complex data systems? If so, you could be the right person for this role.
You will work in the IB Operations Stream supporting one of our strategic initiatives focused on digitising the client onboarding process and reducing onboarding times.
• Work in the development team to implement user interfaces using React.js
• Support and enrich UI / UX designs to clearly present data to a variety of users
• Help translate business use cases into the technical delivery of a supporting user interface and APIs
• Interact with senior stakeholders through Agile development of the concepts
• Play an active role in working groups and ensure deliverables are completed or escalated on time
• Be a team player, working across the organization with skills to indirectly manage and influence
We're Derivatives & Solutions Technology team and we're currently 1,100 technologists developing applications covering: pricing, quoting, order execution, risk management and trade lifecycle processing for the Global Markets Derivatives & Solutions business. We are made up of five teams that deliver the solutions, platforms and services that support various UBS business areas, provide next-generation valuation and risk management capabilities and significantly simplify the technology operating environment front-to-back.
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience
• A proven track record of delivering complex web applications on tight timelines
• Extensive experience with modern web development stack; e.g.: React.js, React Hooks, Redux, Node.js, Express.js, Webpack, Jest and Cypress
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application and familiarity with RESTful Services
• Understanding of Git, experience with JIRA, GitLab and CI tools like TeamCity
• Broad knowledge about the web world, trends, emerging technologies and architectures
• People skills with experience building and maintaining trusting relationships to gain support across organizational boundaries including senior stakeholder interaction
• Fluent in English both written and spoken.
Nice to have:
• Digital user journey development, including wire frames and visual mock-ups
• Experience in Azure Cloud and CI/CD deployments
• Passionate about development with focus on web architecture and design
• Analytical and logical
• A team player, comfortable working with a lead developer and architects for the program
• An excellent communicator who is adept in, handling ambiguity and communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Comfortable with working in cross-functional global teams to effect change
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.