Who we are looking for
The role will be a part of the Centralized Reporting Team supporting International Reporting. The position is responsible for monthly and quarterly financial performance review including return metrics and detailed sequential and year over year analysis to support LFOs and Business Head/s. The role will leverage other Finance Insight Center for performance review analysis and support relating to direct expense, as well as indirect revenue and expense allocations. The role will be expected to present information to appropriate levels of management in a clear and concise manner.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Revenue & Expense analysis
- Support and influence business decisions including revenue maximization and expense management
- and the distribution and presentation of internal management reports
- Budget & Forecast analysis
- Review of revenue and expense levels liaising with operational leads to identify growth areas or plan for
- structural changes
- Client Profitability Analysis
- Construction of monthly client profitability statements of clients for internal decision making purposes
- Provide support as necessary for pricing of local and/or cross border RFP’s.
- Monthly MIS Package
- Production of MIS package with business driven financial commentary with view to keeping management
- informed with regard to financial performance and business drivers.
- Analysis of Global Cost Allocations
- Monthly review of global cost allocations to ensure they reflect economic reality. Liaise within the State
- Street global finance network with regard to allocation methodologies
- Support the Regional Financial Planning & Analysis team and the Head of Finance in ad hoc projects
- and analysis as required.
- Interface with State Street global financial analyst and comptroller community to source financial data
- and assumptions or provide local financial insight as required.
- Collaborating closely with the Insight centers Revenue, Expense and Central reporting
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred, knowledge of systems a plus (Essbase, Smartview, Oracle, Tableau)
- Strong executive presence, detail oriented and well organized, strong interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize work, ability to interact and manage expectations from Senior Management.
- Have solid problem solving skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Expectation of minimum 7+ years’ experience in financial analysis (non-industry specific) or equivalent
- depth of experience
- University degree or equivalent in Finance/Economics
- Advantage to have professional Accountancy qualification – in progress is acceptable
- Demonstrated track record of academic success and practical business experience
- Commercial acumen – ‘know what needs to be done’
- Ability to execute tasks efficiently/ effectively – ie demonstrate value-added in previous roles
- Initiative self starter decisive good fit with team
- Good numerical and analytical abilities with the ability to communicate complex concepts
- Good organization skills and sense of detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Skilled communicator both verbal and written good presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and across teams.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Must be able to easily shift between individual and team oriented deliverable and groups, be a strong team player and have a client focused approach
- Ability to work under pressure and overcome challenges from a constantly shifting
- delivery landscape
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.