Who we are looking for
Interested in engaging with thought leaders in Technology Risk driving innovation and transformation at a large financial services organization? The Technology Risk Management team engages with global IT programs to assess risk and drive the integration of risk reduction throughout the program lifecycle leveraging best practices to drive automation, consistency and quality. Our focus is Regulatory Compliance, Risks and Controls for all Technology Risks as part of the corporate First Line of Defence, with this role principally concerned with the identification and assessment of technology risk associated with the organizations cloud environments. Our mission is to ensure that Technology Risk is well understood, adequately prioritised, and effectively managed.
What you will be responsible for
As Technology Risk Manager, you will;
- support and execute formal risk reviews and assessments of core control capabilities within the global Technology organisation with particular focus on cloud risk; Assess coverage and design of technology solutions to quantify risk reduction with effective plans and correct priority of scope
- review and challenge of exceptions against technology control objectives, and governance of IT control deviations and gaps to ensure risks are in line with risk appetite
- guide IT control owners in adopting key control design objectives, avoid common pitfalls.
- advise IT finding owners by informing the effective delivery of significant risk remediation efforts.
- help to drive a culture of control architecture, design, operational and continuous monitoring best practice and awareness
- validate and challenge risk remediation portfolios to provide management with reasonable assurance of sustained effectiveness.
- closely collaborate with risk and control stakeholders in IT and across the lines of defence, both globally and regionally.
- escalate observed deficiencies in operational processes and practices to remove legacy bottlenecks, drive efficiencies, support simplification.
- actively participate in global and regional governance committees
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven operational experience in control and issue assurance, and risk remediation governance; Recent control auditing/testing experience a plus
- Proven experience in the assessment of inherent, transformational, read-across, and residual risks
- Knowledge of at least one key risk / control domain, preferably cloud security or governance
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and organisational flux in an effective manner
- Ability to drive change through collaboration and influence
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritise
- Ability to comfortably interact & communicate with senior stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex problems and manage stakeholder needs and expectations while providing consistent and regular communications with support from management
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in a cloud first or cloud transformed (Public, Private, Hybrid) organisation
- Technology Risk, IT Audit, IT Assurance experience; Financial services experience a plus
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Self-learning and training to ensure skills and knowledge are in line with responsibilities
- Aptitude for learning new and complex environments, processes, and technologies
- Knowledge and practical application of risk analysis methodologies, standards, and best practices such as COBIT and NIST
- Project management experience and designation a plus (i.e. PMP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology, IT Security, Risk Management, or a related field
- Relevant cloud certifications such as CSA CCSK, CCSP, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Azure Security Engineer Associate an advantage
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.