Who we are looking for
As a Risk Analyst within State Street Global Advisors’ Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, you will provide an independent investment and liquidity risk oversight across asset classes and products offered by SSGA. You will use your abilities to analyze h qualitative and quantitative information and develop and implement plans to mitigate risks to SSGA.
In this role you can anticipate substantive interaction with several global business functions, such as Investment Management, Trading, Product, Legal and Compliance, and will need to communicate effectively with a wide range of people. You will also work closely with our Technology Risk partners to drive improvement in productivity via automation initiatives, to execute our digital transformation strategy. You will drive a risk-aware culture throughout the organization by challenging the status quo and providing objective thought leadership to our organization and the financial industry.
Why this role is important to us
State Street Global Advisors is one of the largest asset managers on the World with over $3.5 trillion of Assets Under Management (AUM). It is also the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions. Institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are critical to our continued success.
The Global ERM team consists of over 70 risk professionals located in various locations across US, EMEA and APAC. As a combined group, we are responsible for identification, assessment, control and reporting of risk in four main areas: operational, investment, liquidity, credit, and model risk.
What you will be responsible for
- Perform risk monitoring, analyze risk exceedances and cooperate with the Business/ Portfolio Managers to determine the root causes of threshold breaches and address the associated risks.
- Work together with various teams to execute, expand and improve SSGA’s overall risk management framework.
- Think on improvements to methodologies used for risk analysis and undertake independent research.
- Provide global functional leadership and strong cross-risk discipline vision by serving as a key contact for risk queries and collaborating with other risk and internal control functions.
- Work at the forefront of financial regulatory developments, new products, services and applications as well as assess and report on their respective impacts to the business's risk profile.
What we value
- Collaborative by nature with the ability to help others achieve more, working with local and global teams, including the flexibility to work within global deadlines.
- Take ownership, initiative and successfully navigate within a fast-paced and international environment of a leading global financial institution.
- Have ability and motivation to master key concepts and themes in an evolving regulatory environment.
- Have high degree of efficiency, attention to detail and focus on efficient and accurate execution.
- Have a positive attitude that motivates and inspires others.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics or business-related field, or equivalent experience; having CFA or FRM is ideal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Prior experience with standard buy-side risk systems (e.g., MSCI BarraOne, Bloomberg PORT, GX truView),SQL databases and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) would be an asset, combined with willingness to use technology and systems to build value adding risk monitoring processes and reporting.
- 1 to 4 years of relevant experience in a financial services organization, buy-side experience is preferred.
- Deep understanding of financial markets and instruments, passion for investment management and a good grasp of investment products, especially mutual funds and ETFs.
- Working knowledge of market and liquidity risk analysis including stress testing process development and implementation.
- Excellent analytical, social and communication skills combined with ability to work independently with can-do attitude.