Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions –the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
You will initiate, develop and implement best in class Cost Category strategies and concepts to deliver sustainable value and competitive differentiation for Philips. We are redefining the way we handle indirect procurement, and we would like you to be part of it and lead our efforts through.
The role of Cost Category Project Manager is responsible for Co-owning – together with the leaders from the Business, Markets and Functions - the Energy cost category within the Industrial & Logistics Services Cluster. You will be accountable for the end-to-end spend management performance of your area across the entire company.
With entrepreneurial and consultancy approach your goals will be to consolidate and utilize industry benchmarks, domain insights and new ways of working to co-develop fit-to-purpose strategies. You will ensure that the strategy leads to compelling business cases for the company including clearly defined implementation plans and initiatives.
You will contribute to a high-performance team culture to adopt innovation and encourage others through your behavior: being open, courageous, inclusive and committed to the Philips Business Systems and values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, optimize and control the Cost Category Strategy Development of Energy domain.
- Relentlessly challenge the status quo and focus on larger-scale impact by using deep domain insights & benchmarking to develop breakthrough strategies for Cost Category, and Funnel opportunities. Develop business cases in conjunction with project managers and SMEs.
- Define value drivers and spend parameters to enable most effective spend target setting/planning. Maintain the relationship with the functional counterpart(s) in close alignment with the respective Business Partners/Orchestrators.
- Build, coordinate and manage cross-functional network in the organization and conduct Fit for Purpose conventions to define value and cost drivers, spend parameters, quality & services levels and high-level Funnel opportunities (price & quantity)
- Develop optimum Value Creation Model fit for demand
- Conduct Value Stream Mapping to define optimum sourcing/integrator model (e.g. direct sourcing vs. integrator, sourcing vs. allowances, service provider, market place concepts)
- Design optimum cost governance and spend policies and manage Business/Market/Functions alignment/councils
You are a part of
The Spend Management organization within the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC). Spend Management covers the procurement activities of all indirect (non-product related) materials and services within Philips covering such areas as marketing, IT, facility management and travel, etc.
A Spend Management transformation has been started recently to ensure that Philips gets the most value out of every euro spent. You have an opportunity to join a dynamic and multi-functional team, seeking to create a significant impact on our company.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience in Procurement Governance function and/or in DfX and/or in consulting companies
- Proven experience in related domain areas and deep category insights in Energy or similar functions is required
- Experience in creating strategies and developing effective concepts: strong track record in creating large scale impact
- Experience in designing cost category policies, principles and buying channels
- Deep understanding of value/cost/financial data and analytics
- Solid financial acumen
- Proven track record in global Project / Program Management
- Understanding of Source-2-Contract and P2P processes
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
- Annual bonus based on performance achieved
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members
- Benefit System cards
- Discount for Philips’ products
- Relocation package applicable for people moving in from outside of Łódź region
- Wide variety of trainings & learning opportunities, including language upskill
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle in the office (fruits twice / week in the office, gym, massage chairs, various events)
How we work at Philips?
There are three core ways that define our ways of working – embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration. We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.
We know just how important direct interactions are and work is more engaging when we are more frequently face-to-face, and that we experience better collaboration which drives innovation. While we have many different types of roles across Philips most require a combination of in-person collaboration with colleagues and partners, usually at a Philips location, and individual focus time, which can be done remotely.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it’s like working at Philips, read stories from our employee blog, find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions.