As a Senior Observability Engineer within the global Security, Compliance & Observability Platform Engineering team, your main responsibility will be for engineering the Observability solutions to meet internal customers requirements. We would like the person to be a SME in this area and if not, have aspirations to become a SME, we will help you get there. This role will provide you with the opportunity to help us change our culture and drive change across the organization. Together we will try and work on improving the technology stack both internally and in the cloud for an enhanced user experience, one we can be proud of.
We offer flexible working and remote working options and don’t expect you to be in the office 5 days a week, but can if that is what you prefer. Upon submission and acceptance of your CV we will look to communicate with you quickly and recruit via a panel, which if you’re right, the job offer will come quickly. We realise that waiting or never getting a response is not a wanted part of applying for a new job.
The below is what we are looking for but you may not have it all, we will expect you to learn and bridge the gaps of which we have a great learning platform called Degreed, with a wide range of learning materials and sources for you. We are creating an, “above the line” culture and we need people to think like this.
What you’ll do:
- Be accountable for design, developing and implementing the Observability & monitoring solutions in a global organization.
- We will need you to have strong knowledge on Observability products e.g. Splunk, Dynatrace, Chef etc
- You will fluent with scripting and automation languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- You’ll be a quick learner so that you can work with new tools
- You will have a strong understanding of Operating systems e.g. Linux, Unix, Windows
- Enjoy working in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Be passionate about driving change through an organization
- Never accept what we have is good enough, always look through analysis and monitoring of our estate to protect our assets
Who you are:
- You realise collaboration, and relationship building is key to getting things done but also good for you
- You’re passionate about what you do and proud of what you have achieved so far, but you want to do more
- You want to learn to further your technical but also personal skill sets
- You do have proven experience working in an environment that has complicated and difficult problems to solve
- Be not afraid to try things new, it may be good, it may not work, but at least you tried and we learned
- You will take accountability, think big, start small and own it – be ambitious but understand that we need to work iteratively to achieve the best results