Country Data Analyst
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy working with data? Are you an analytical thinker and interested in contributing to country and climate risk modelling? Do you have experience with digital technology and data transformation? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– work with the team to maintain internal data for country analysis and model performance evaluations, and contribute to consolidation and automation of existing processes
– execute internal data and rating quality controls in accordance with internal model and data governance requirements, and provide support on country limit queries
– maintain internal end-user-applications and related documentation and data standards, and implement ratings and publications across various platforms and systems
– create and maintain data visualizations / dashboards and produce comparative country tables, charts and analyses for internal publications, model submissions and other research in the team
– collaborate with various stakeholders in the team and within the Risk Organization to support innovation projects in the area of country, climate and credit risk
– provide administrative support for the team
You will be working as part of the global Political and Country Risk Team in Zabierzów (Kraków). Our mandate is the assessment of political & global risks, assignment of country and related ratings, oversight of group country limits and development of macroeconomic scenarios for stress testing. This requires a sound knowledge of macroeconomic and political theory, econometric modelling skills, as well as the interaction with various internal experts and management. In addition, all processes rely on sound data management and governance practices, and require robust controls to maintain high quality standards and adhere to internal policies and regulatory requirements.
– degree in econometrics, statistics or similar field with strong focus on data analysis
– alternatively held similar data analyst role for 2-3 years
– experience with data tools such as Alteryx, Tableau/Power BI and DocKit/LateX for documentation
– comfortable applying coding skills for data analysis in Python or R
– advanced user skills in MS Excel, VBA
– fluent in English and solid editing/documentation skills
– practical experience with rating models and/or basic macro-economic concepts a plus
– a quick learner with strong attention to detail and focus on quality
– well-organized team-player, who is also comfortable working independently
– aware of on-going technology trends and their benefits
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.