Technology Team Lead
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy working with developers and customers to deliver modern microservice based applications? Are you comfortable leading developers and enabling them to deliver technical excellence in a global organization?
We are looking for a hands-on, experienced technical lead, who has built and lead the development of applications with modern technology.
You will be required to:
• Guide the design of architectural solutions to address business requirements.
• Work with several agile teams on an application built with microservices and event based architectures to be deployed on hybrid(on-prem/cloud) environments.
• Evangelize test driven development and lead refactorings to classic and modern patterns
• Support creation of the product roadmap Develop technology road map and own the implementation. Raise technical debt stories for any deviance from the roadmap.
• Strong focus on application resilience and service health.
• Coach development team on all aspects of good software craftsmanship and clean code.
• Coach product owners on the value of backlog grooming and removing technical debt.
• Help our application(s) be compliant with company standards and lead the work.
• Manage day to day running of the team.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be part of the finance technology team within Finance, Risk and Analytics organization. Our software and tools are at the heart of UBS's Corporate Centre where we provide bank-wide solutions to support the business processes in these functions. The team is global based in UK, EMEA, APAC and the US and is responsible for providing systems that ensure Bank’s compliance to various regulatory demands.
• Experience of leading a team of more than 10 members, preferably in an Agile Scrum environment.
• A track record of fostering relationships with business/external stakeholders and users.
• Expertise in developing and deploying Microservices and distributed solutions on hybrid infrastructures
• Hands-on development experience using Java8/11, API design and Cloud(Preferably Azure), reactive microservices architecture is a plus.
• Experience in Cloud adoption, migration and deployment on MS Azure or similar and working with CI/CD pipelines/tools.
• Knowledge of Financial Services domain and financial business processes, Understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of data is a plus.
• Great communication skills, proactive in building networks/connections and is comfortable to be the main
• liaison in crunch situations.
• Proven experience of achieving deadlines within budget, a proactive approach to meet project goals and follows a results-driven approach with an ability to deliver good quality solutions to tight timelines
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.