Accounting and Financial Reporting Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you a motivated self-starter? Do you have the know how for analyzing financial information? We’re looking for someone like this to:
• process standard daily activities such as Accounts Payables and T&E
• process month end closing activities including standard General Ledger activities, also Taxes and Intercompany Balance reconciliation
• provide detailed comments on significant business moves and produce monthly financial close packs
• assess internal risk control deficiencies, provide assessments and communicate them to Onshore partners
• optimize processes by recommending ways to improve financial reporting procedures and internal management information
• produce and maintain Standard Operating Procedures
You’ll be working in the Group Finance team in Krakow, Fabryczna Office Park. Our role is to support the EMEA/Swiss region and to provide accurate and reconciled financial information. Key objective of the role is to deliver high level financial reporting support on all operational and financial activities across our various locations & have daily interaction with various internal clients located globally including Integrated Middle Office, Financial Controllers across all legal entities and divisions.
• university degree in accounting/ finance/ economics or similar field
• at least 1 year experience in Accounting; familiarity with GL would be an asset
• proficient in MS applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Access)
• fluency in English
• SAP ERP experience will be an asset
• very good communication skills and ability to work in a team
• methodical, concise and accurate with strong attention to details
• self-determined who is able to learn new skills quickly
• able to build strong relationships with partners
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.