Software Development Engineer in Test
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you excited by Cloud technology? Are you passionate about building highly available, robust and scalable distributed systems? Do you know PySpark? Do you have experience in test automation especially for Big Data solutions?
We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to:
• design, build and maintain an automation framework for testing the department's systems globally
• develop custom tools and integrate with existing tools to increase engineering productivity
• document and implement testing scenarios for new features of our Big Data systems
• define the automation book of work, collaborating with the team to deliver efficiencies and productivity improvements via test automation
• liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels across the bank including international locations
• help to ensure our solutions works as designed and report all discrepancies
• comply with test strategy, testing standards, templates, and test plans
You’ll be working in the Group Treasury Technology as part of the Poland division in Cracow. We provide Technology solutions for the bank's Liquidity and Funding as well as Asset and Liability Management lines of business. We support our business partners managing, controlling, and optimizing the capital, liquidity and funding across the bank and its legal entities.
It is an exciting time to be a part of our team based in Cracow, Zurich, London, and Pune as we embark on a journey to build a new business critical application at scale.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will play a significant role in creating cloud native, efficient solutions and you will gain the opportunity to work at the edge of Today’s technologies limits!
• 3+ years of experience working as a software engineer focused on testing and automation (Python)
• 2+ years of experience working with Big Data (Databricks, Spark)
• Experience with DevOps practices, CI/CD, build and test automation (Git, GitLab)
• Able to perform regression testing for project, and Production Readiness Verification
• Excellent interpersonal skills to form productive and collaborative relationships
• Advanced English level
• A degree in computer science or related field and experience in the financial industry
• AZ-204 "Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate" or any advanced Azure would be a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.