DevOps / SRE Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a DevOps / SRE engineer with experience in container orchestration, CD and SRE in complex projects? Does building a private, on-prem cloud-like environment with the usage of HashiCorp Stack for a mission-critical trading platform sound interesting? All while applying the most important SRE guidelines: automating everything, increasing observability & robustness, and introducing self-healing.
We are looking for someone like that who can help us:
• build and maintain a CI/CD pipeline automation on GitLab
• enhance Gradle-based build system for a huge monorepo
• collaborate with development teams providing DevOps/SRE guidance
• build a container orchestration solution based on HashiCorp Nomad
• increase observability of the platform by introducing and consuming Prometheus metrics, building meaningful alerts and visualizations in Grafana
• proactively identify gaps and shortcomings in the operational aspects of the system and propose/implement solutions to mitigate them
Tools we use: GitLab, Gradle, HashiCorp Nomad&Consul, Ansible, Prometheus, Grafana
You’ll be working in the Devops/Cloud Engineering Pod in Poland which is part of the Trading Platform crew.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a bachelor degree or higher in computer science / engineering / science or related field
• ideally 5+ years’ experience as a devops/software engineer in a large team environment
• familiarity with the concepts behind DevOps and Reliability Engineering
• in-depth knowledge of containers (Docker/Podman) and container orchestration solutions
• experience with building CI/CD pipelines
• hands-on experience with JVM-based platforms and their build tools (e.g. Gradle) will be a plus
• familiar with agile and continuous software development methodologies and practices
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.