Business Risk Specialist in Wealth Management
Global Wealth Management
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic and diverse environment? Do you want to strive for impact in the area of UBS Wealth Management? In your role as Business Risk Specialist you will work alongside, support and deputize the head of Capability Center Third Party Risk Management.
The use of external but also internal third parties to provide operational activities, functions, services, and products may present various risks to UBS. To manage these risks, UBS has defined and implemented a Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) policy and governance. The Global Wealth Management (GWM) Capability Center TPRM supports the business in the TPRM space, owns several roles and ensures a common application of rules and procedures.
Your tasks include:
• represent GWM in various Third Party Risk Management governance bodies and projects including preparation of according material (e.g. review material, prepare slides, meeting minutes, etc.)
• review and challenge regularly the vendor contract risk segmentation in Logistics Platform
• support vendor contract managers in fulfilling their responsibilities, e.g. advising on the relevance and impact of the various risk flags in Logistics Platform, guiding them to the according intranet webpages for further information or following up on overdue actions.
• act as subject matter expert for Third Party Risk Management (e.g. act as interface between the central TPRM teams and GWM)
• actively engage with colleagues in GWM but also the P&C division to review service changes and prepare control assessments of relevant key controls
• collaborate with multiple stakeholders across departments to assure a common approach to Third Party Risk Management in GWM (e.g. give guidance on compiling SLAs and advice on the required approvals and endorsements)
• review policies and processes in respect to Third Party Risk Management
You’ll be working in the well-established, multi-functional team for the GWM Competence Center Business Risk in Wroclaw. GWM Business Risk Services provides best in class, effective and efficient risk management support, regulatory implementation and defined front office mandates which enable business division Wealth Management to deliver on its client promise/value proposition.
UBS Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial services to wealthy private clients around the world – except those served by Wealth Management Americas. UBS is a global firm with global capabilities, and Wealth Management clients benefit from the full spectrum of UBS’s global resources.
• university degree with preferable follow up education in risk / compliance management
• 3-5 years' experience in Business Management and/or Business Risk roles
• experience as a Business Analyst, Subject Matter Expert in the field of banking / investment products and services
• very good analytical & conceptual skills
• proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• a proactive team player who takes ownership in dedicated content and goes for challenges
• striving for excellence in everything you do
• an excellent communicator, with strong presentation and interpersonal skills
• fluent in English (oral and written)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.