Business Risk Manager
Business management, administration and support
Job Reference #
• Understand Risk Management concepts, be able to interpret different datasets related to technology, Risk, Third party risk management.
• Understand the resilience of services within a division and the associated front-to-back operating model
• Manage key business stakeholders within Chief Digital Information Office COO and functionally supervise the process
• Provide services around monitoring adherence to risk framework. Ensuring senior stakeholders are compliant with UBS’s Operational Risk Framework is also required
• Perform deep dives to identify trends and patterns within data sets
• Manage and design processes governing the lifecycle of Risk Issues, a pillar of our operational risk framework
• Analyze Operational/Business risk indicators in CDIO COO processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement and/or further development
• Partner with SMEs within the business division and supporting areas to embed resilience-by-design
• Facilitate development and regular testing of appropriate response plans for resilience
• Identify, assess and track remediation of resilience risks
• Ensure UBS functions manage resilience in line with relevant framework and policy requirements
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the background support. That's what we do. And we do it for private clients, institutions and corporations around the world. We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
• Excellent knowledge of business services (front-to-back) and the regulatory expectations regarding resilience for FS organisations
• Project management / good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks and lead without direct reporting lines.
• Experience with Alteryx and/or Tableau at a moderate level, SQL knowledge and experience
• University degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or Mathematical discipline
• Fluency in English
• At least 5 years of experience in the financial services industry in one of the following disciplines: Business Continuity Management / Operational Resilience, Risk Management
• Able to explain the link between resilience regulations and risks to our resilience and risk management frameworks
• Able to analyse data to drive insights and effectively document this in risk reports
• Comfortable facilitating workshops and managing healthy conflicts
• Tech-savvy and eager to harness new techniques to improve processes
• Experience in Change Management and Project Management disciplines
• Capable of managing a team and processes to committed deadlines
• Capable of identifying and articulating risks associated with different recovery solutions
• Inspire others to live the UBS principles and behaviours
• Drive UBS’ diversity and inclusion agenda
• Provide effective feedback and coaching to enable, empower and develop others
• Own and reward high engagement and performance
• Take responsibility for fostering a level of diversity that accelerates our strategy
• Take timely decisions and accept accountability for implementing them
• Ensure effective use and alignment of resources and risk
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.