Senior Data Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you know how to write queries processing millions of records in seconds? Are you interested in quickly evolving data science and reporting?
We are looking for someone like that who will:
• be a part of a self-managing Scrum team
• design and implement complex code changes
• design data model that can support ever growing volume
• translate business requirements into working solution
• refactor and evolve existing codebase to support new processes
• ensure highest quality of deliverables
• support development tools and infrastructure
You will be working in a global team within the Markets Regulation Technology. We are working on key business intelligence / reporting programs, supporting the bank in meeting its global regulatory obligations.
• proven experience with SQL and PL/SQL in Oracle development (11g/12c/18c)
• hands-on knowledge of Azure Cloud (Spark/Databricks, Synapse, Azure SQL)
• good understanding of data driven solutions and approach to large volume data processing
• database performance tuning skills and SQL code tuning skills
• experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting
• working knowledge of XML processing – XQuery, XSLT, etc.
• strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow process
• a couple of years of experience with the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• nice to have: Python, Java, Web Services, Kafka, Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects, Power BI , etc.)
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.