DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you enjoy designing building and running the infrastructure services? Do you want to play a key role in transforming our firm into an agile organization?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients and partners – and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative.
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to:
• develop and improve infrastructure services such as hosting, compute, storage, networking, security, and end-user tools and devices
• provide infrastructure services that are easy to consume and efficient to operate, making effective use of cloud capabilities (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
• apply a broad range of engineering practices, from analyzing requirements and developing new features to automated testing, deployment, and operations
• ensure the quality, security, reliability, and compliance of solutions by applying our digital principles and implementing both functional and non-functional requirements
• build observability into our solutions, monitor production health, help to resolve incidents, and remediate the root cause of risks and issues.
• determine the reliability of our digital products, technology services, and the infrastructure that underpins them
• minimize the risk and impact of failures by engineering operational improvements, such as predictive monitoring, auto scaling or self-healing
• learn new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind
In our agile operating model, crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous pods. You’ll be working in the Global Markets Financing team in Poland focusing on Risk & Margin products which deal with counterparty risk through margining along with modelling the risk on client portfolios. We want you to be part our exciting journey to the UBS Azure Cloud where we aim to be heavily cloud-native. Our Agile working means that we can be successful in improving architectures iteratively as requirements arise, by ‘failing fast’. The existing team members are distributed globally, are culturally diverse, and have many interesting stories to share both from their work and personal lives.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent focusing on Engineering and/or Technology. Finance, with Risk Management is a plus
• ideally 5+ years of experience as infrastructure engineer focused on Azure (ideally) or AWS development & solutions, Gitlab CI/CD, Networking, Terraform, Python, Scala, Java, C#, practical DevOps and Site Reliability within the finance sector. Data Lake/Databricks is a plus
• strong communicator, from making presentations to technical writing
• confident and delivery focused
• strong collaborator, able to teach other teams members topics regardless of level of expertise
• fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.