Senior Java Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable core Microsoft Azure applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
• migrate critical systems to Azure Cloud
• analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
• test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
• resolve high-priority defects and deploy fixes to production systems
• make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before deploying to production
• collaborate with other global IT teams
You’ll be working in the Margin IT team within Global Markets Financing IT in Poland. We are part of a global team of highly motivated individuals with a passion for technology and business. Our group is responsible for developing and maintaining systems that calculate margin for our prime brokerage clients.
• strong knowledge of core Java
• experience with Java multithreading libraries and techniques, modern development tools and RESTful web services
• hands-on experience designing and building solutions on major cloud systems providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform.
• experience with Docker & Kubernetes.
• experience with Spring Boot preferred
• experience with microservices development
• expertise in algorithms, data structures and design patterns
• clean coding and refactoring skills with excellent problem-solving ability
• know-how of agile development practices (Scrum)
• proficiency in relational databases such as Postgres, Oracle or Sybase
• experience with distributed event streaming platforms such as Kafka
• end to end web application development experience
• good knowledge of HTML5
• good knowledge of global transaction management
• good knowledge of Unix
• four year bachelors degree or the international equivalent in computer science, math, engineering, or a related field
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.