Senior C# Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build attractive digital products and services? Do you want to play a key role in transforming our firm into an agile organization?
At UBS, we re-imagine the way we work, the way we connect with each other – our colleagues, clients and partners – and the way we deliver value. Being agile will make us more responsive, more adaptable, and ultimately more innovative.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to:
• design, develop, and improve the digital products and technology services we provide to risk managers, quants and other key stakeholders
• apply a broad range of software engineering practices, from analyzing user needs and developing new features to automated testing and deployment
• ensure the quality, security, reliability, and compliance of our solutions by applying our digital principles and implementing both functional and non-functional requirements
• build observability into our solutions, monitor production health, help to resolve incidents, and remediate the root cause of risks and issues
• understand, represent, and advocate for client needs
• share knowledge and expertise with colleagues , help with hiring, and contribute regularly to our engineering culture and internal communities.
In our agile operating model, crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous pods. You’ll be working in the Risk and Margin team in Poland or India focusing on enhancing current risk models, continuous improvement and transition of future state risk models to the cloud.
• software engineer/developer focused on Cloud solutions within the finance sector
• experience of capital markets and financial instruments desirable, preferably within market risk and/or credit risk
• able to demonstrate proficiency in object-oriented or functional programming using an industry standard language C#
• know-how to apply standards, methods, techniques and templates as defined by our SDLC
• able to produce well-designed clean code following established architectural principles (e.g. DDD, SOLID, TDD)
• deliver solutions in a large scale enterprise environment that are robust, supportable and scalable
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.