Senior PostgreSQL Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build next generation business applications using the latest technologies? Are you confident at iteratively refining user requirements and removing any ambiguity? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We’re looking for PostgreSQL developers to:
• be part of our database development teams focusing on Oracle and PostgreSQL
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• implement business requirements for HR system solutions
• work with SaaS vendors/in-house solutions on implementations/integrations/upgrade releases
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern programming practices
• provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct code reviews and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of Software Development life cycle
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to process move from test to production
You’ll be working in the CDIO HR team in Poland. We provide a collaborative community. As an IT developer, you’ll play an important role in working with your whole team on timely delivery of HR Tech projects. You may also be a scrum master.
Our culture centers around being proud and driven by our curiosity. We are always looking to the future for inspiration and embracing challenges. We are entrepreneurial and leverage diverse skills, backgrounds and solutions to constantly improve and transform. We are outcome driven - We are responsible and focused on results and operational excellence. We work collaboratively to deliver a brighter future for our clients in partnership with our business. Your views and opinion matter and active dialogue and participation is encouraged.
This is an exciting time to join HR Technology as you will be an essential part of our new journey. You must be highly skilled and proficient in your area of expertise and contribute to our IT programs.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• highly experienced PostgreSQL developer with minimum 3-6 years of relevant experience with PostgreSQL on premise and in the cloud
• familiarity (ideally: hands on) with Oracle PL/SQL and understanding how it differs from PL/pgSQL and experience in altering legacy PL/SQL code to PL/pgSQL standards
• experience writing complex sqls to extract, massage and/or transform huge amount of data in a performance optimized way.
• Desirable you have worked on any HCM ERP suite (Oracle Fusion, SAP or Peoplesoft) and understand Employee Lifecycle Management Process.
• know-how to apply standards, methods, techniques, and templates as defined by our SDLC and continuous Integration (GitHub, GitLab, TeamCity, Automated Unit Testing) functionality
• focus on producing secure and clean code that is stable, operational, consistent, and well-performing
• ability to design, plan and deliver solutions in a large-scale enterprise environment
• bachelor’s/master’s degree or equivalent work experience
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.