Senior Auditor - Asset Management Operations
Job Reference #
Are you a sharp evaluator of risk? Can you investigate complex situations and propose solutions? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• conduct reviews and audits of Asset Management operations and related business areas, provide practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to issues identified,
• identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks,
• provide practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to issues identified,
• document and communicate issues, root causes and risks and prepare reports of audit findings for UBS senior management,
• monitor the results, risk profile and developments within Asset Management audit units and provide input for planning sessions,
• cooperate effectively with our audit teams across the globe and when in charge of an audit, sustainably manage auditors and diligently support audit mandate lead,
• review remediation actions submitted by the business for closure to assess whether these have addressed the relevant original risks, and
• develop and maintain relationships with senior management
You will be working in the Group Internal Audit (GIA) team in Krakow. GIA’s role, as an independent function, is to support UBS in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management and the control environment within all business divisions and Group functions globally. We are independent in our work and report directly to the Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee. We are a talent powerhouse that attracts and develops the best people by driving career growth in and outside the department.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• a university degree, equivalent education ideally with a professional accountancy or audit designation such as ACCA
• 5-8 years of experience with sound knowledge of asset management and / or operations in the financial industry. This experience could have been gained in an internal/external audit or a risk role within the financial industry
• strong analytical skills and quantitative approach to problem solving
• willingness to keep up with industry, regulatory developments and learn new concepts and methods
• able to quickly understand complex processes, identify risks and inadequacies in procedures, as well as propose practical and sustainable solutions
• risk focused, and capable of using data analytics to gain insights into business and control issues
• ability to build stakeholder relationships with all levels and ranks of the UBS organization
• reliable when working independently, able to time manage and prioritize workload, with sound judgment for when to escalate issues
• successfully collaborate in a team environment with peers and across audit teams
• fluent in English with excellent verbal and written skills
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.