Principal Java Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to play a vital part in the design of our current and future banking technology? Do you have proven ability to design, develop and deploy complex platforms and applications?
We’re looking for an IT technical architect and java developer to:
• design software aligned to business and IT requirements, transferring business problems into technical solutions
• develop microservices handling highly performing quoting and pricing GPU-accelerated calculations
• guide implementation teams to successful delivery
• make sure technical solutions are integrated into our heterogeneous and highly automated infrastructure
• collaborate on pilots and MVP design of innovative solutions in Investment Bank
• partner with quants and solution architects to enable and drive deployment of high performing GPU-based calculations capabilities
This is hands-on role for experienced architect and seasoned java developer.
We're Derivatives & Solutions Technology team and we're currently 1,100 technologists developing applications covering: pricing, quoting, order execution, risk management and trade lifecycle processing for the Global Markets Derivatives & Solutions business. We are made up of five teams that deliver the solutions, platforms and services that support various UBS business areas, provide next-generation valuation and risk management capabilities and significantly simplify the technology operating environment front-to-back.
• proven commercial experience as an IT architect, ideally within the finance sector
• proven delivery of high performing IT solutions
• successful management of complex and diverse tasks, while meeting key objectives and timelines
• solid, commercial hands-on experience with Java
• experience of building cloud native applications/services
• knowledge about event streaming and messaging systems
• ability to produce secure, stable and good performing code
• in depth understanding of standards, methods, techniques, templates as defined by SDLC (code repository handling, code inspection, penetration-avoidance etc)
• C++ experience is desirable, knowledge of GPU programming or embedded systems would be a plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.