Internship in Banking Operations
Job Reference #
The range of possible duties depending on your field of expertise are:
• Loan Management: Processing loan-repayments, -rollovers, -borrowings, -conversions, Letter of Credit bookings, trade bookings, manual payments, compliance & fee tracking
• Controlling: Managing mailboxes, investigating cash- and intersystem breaks, preparing reports for review, completing ad-hoc requests from other teams and departments, ensuring systems are updated correctly based on the available credit agreement details, ensuring interest and fee payments are made timely, checking for facility-/ counterparty cancellations, reviewing quarterly pay-downs
• Reporting : Updating reports – daily/ weekly/ quarterly/ ad-hoc for various activities
• Other duties: Documentation downloading, Participating in Robotic- & Automation-Initiatives/ User Acceptance Testing of new projects
You will have the opportunity to work across different teams dedicated to the syndicated loan market.
The Loan Administrator is responsible for the timely handling of all Loan Operations related to agency, bilateral & syndicated deals.
The position provides operations background, keen observation and due diligence skills.
The role also provides to a person the comfort of reading and interpreting credit agreements/ loan notices, becoming well versed in excel and knowledgeable in financial transactions.
This role offers the candidate to work on a rotational shift basis, covering US business hours if desired.
Regarding Qualifications/ Education:
• Any study related to Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Technology or closely-related quantitative field from an accredited school
Good to have:
• Basic understanding of origination and syndication process
• Familiarity with Credit Agreements and other related loan documentation
• Strong focus on controls, procedures, quality, accuracy and detail oriented
• Well versed in Macros, VBA or other analytics tools
• Comprehension of direct/ indirect lending procedures
• Basic understanding of relevant rules and regulations on the financial market
• Self-motivated, confident and committed to the company goals
• Able to use MS-Office with advanced knowledge in Word, Excel and Power Point
• Flexible and learning capacity to adapt to on-going changes
• Client service oriented
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.