Virtual Platform Systems Administrator
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to become the next dynamic and experienced level Systems Administrator in the Virtual Platform team? Are you able to solve complex issues under pressure and challenge status quo to achieve results to fill a permanent position? Can you handle day-to-day support of a large scale global Virtual infrastructure based on VMWare vSphere operating system, HP Cloud Service Automation, On/Off Prem Azure as well as container as a service infrastructure based on Kubernetes and to lead various virtual platform related projects?
We’re looking for a Virtual Platform Systems Administrator to:
• Assist with vSphere upgrades, rollouts, data center exit, virtual estate management including decommission, migration and support of AKS/PKS and Azure architectures.
• Work with support groups in both offshore and onshore locations in troubleshooting production problems and with the business representatives to gather business requirements and schedule and implement changes.
You’ll be joining the global VISM team in Krakow, Poland covering UK hours via the follow the sun model. Weekend, afterhours and on-call work are a part of the role. The candidate is expected to be part of global on-call rotation receiving escalation calls from first and second level support teams. We have a team of highly experienced and qualified engineers working on cutting edge technologies.
Detailed knowledge of HPE server hardware, RAID controllers, BIOS, firmware and drivers along with Flex10/Virtual connect technology covering C7000, ProLiant and Synergy families of products
• Thorough understanding of all versions of VMware vSphere Operating Systems and tools such as VROPS, VCAC etc.
• PowerShell scripting knowledge
• Good Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint skills with the ability to document complex technical concepts
• Networking knowledge
• HPE 3PAR SAN storage including an understanding of Fabric infrastructure and basic understanding of NAS based Storage systems.
• HP Cloud Service Automation knowledge is preferred but not required
• Microsoft Azure technologies both onprem and offprem
• Container based services such as Kubernetes both on prem and offprem
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.