Automation Solutions Developer
Job Reference #
Do you have a curious nature, always interested in finding ways to innovate and enjoy tackling complex challenges?
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to drive UBS's accelerating digital transformation? Do you want to play a key role in driving change?
We're looking for someone like this to:
Build trust and strong partnerships with Operations and Technology stakeholders to provide technology solutions to real business problems
Analyze business requirements, then design implementable technical solutions that leverage process automation technologies and development best practices
Perform integration testing of robot process automation solutions into larger subsystems and the extended automation system
Architect, document, develop, test, and deploy scalable, and robust windows desktop console applications which automate business processes
Drive and extent your skills towards cognitive solutions as well (e.g. machine learning, natural language processing/generation etc.)
Have a mindset focused on continuous improvement, efficiency, challenging the status quo; intellectual curiosity to continuously improve solutions
Push forward the capabilities and performance of the team to strengthen and expand the service offerings of the automation community
Have the ability to efficiently and appropriately estimate work effort requirements
You’ll be working in the Group Operations Automation team in "LOCATION" responsible for identifying and implementing Automation solutions to support IBO service delivery teams in executing their day-to-day business more efficiently.
Our team is responsible for delivering high quality software that runs every day without fail. We support every aspect of development including architecture design, development, testing, deployment, and post-production support.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, programing or related fields
• knowledge of RPA and automations tools such as Automation Anywhere and Alteryx
• strong development ability in one or more object-oriented languages (e.g. Python, C++, )
• strong ability to develop and create unique algorithms to solve complex software problems
• strong ability to debug code using built in debuggers, trace stacks, and error handling
• experience working in a coding environment using git command line and gitlab
• ability to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software independently
• manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
• experience with development of desktop applications on Windows and Unix environments
• able to generate software flow diagrams, discuss implementation techniques, and identify high risk vs high complexity code
• passion for developing fault tolerant, efficient code using unit testing frameworks
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.