Windows IT Support Analyst & Automation
Job Reference #
Do you like to work with and explore multiple Windows technologies? Do you enjoy scripting and enterprise solution design? Are you a customer-focused team player, who enjoys working within a large and recognized world-wide organization? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
• take good care of our core IT solutions and business unit applications
• propose, implement, and support system enhancements and process improvements
• constantly improve business value as well as user experience of these applications
• work closely with customers and users to identify system requirements for future improvement
• contribute to defining technologies and architectures for applications and solution design and supportability
Our aim is to ensure ongoing maximum customer focus and optimal operational stability. You’ll be working within the Windows Service Delivery Team and will provide and deliver IT support services across multiple UBS business divisions. The role aims to support the UBS global Windows server estate through improved process automation / tools development. The move towards cloud services in order to facilitate the adoption of Agile processes is key to future-proofing development and testing. As a member of the existing Systems Administration team, the role will also require us to constantly improve our Bank IT infrastructure through the implementation of new solutions and on-going process enhancements.
• experience of enterprise windows software and solution architecture design and implementation (including tools development and process automation) to meet customer requirements
• expert programming level with Powershell & VBscript
• expert knowledge of MSSQL and Reporting
• strong experience of working with Microsoft IIS, proactive monitoring and problem solving including performance tuning of windows application and web servers
• experience of writing Stored Procedures
• experience of MySQL or hands-on on MSSQL as minimum
• experience of Operational Service Delivery Incident and Problem Management
• configure, upgrade, manage internal development, test and production environments
• experience of software change release processes
• good working knowledge of MS clustering both physical and virtualization is important
• experience with Private or Public Cloud infrastructures in Azure
• good communicator and strong team player who is customer and quality oriented
• fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.