This position is responsible to ensure that the Controls are executed as per the Controls Framework. Escalating issues with internal stakeholders (Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Operations) as required and in line with the MOA. Manage overall billing process, verify that all valid sales orders have been billed correctly, coordinate with various parties. This role will also be responsible for Group Financial Control and Business Control requirement in the OTC Process area as a Control Operator.
- Operate key controls to mitigate high-risk areas within finance processes, which are required to be monitored in accordance with one of the FCM Monitoring methods
- To run daily controls to guarantee that operations are complying with operational excellence and all controls (SOX, Business & Financial)
- Operates controls in line with the Control Operating Procedure (COP)
- Implements changes based on the Change Management Process (Retrofit) provided via the monthly Change Management Packs
- Ensures that control issues are highlighted, and effective remediation occurs if a control fails
- Escalate potential issues or improvement suggestions to the OTC Finance Controls Advisor/Lead as appropriate
- Ensure 100% compliance and response to Assurance products (self-assessment, BCOC, COC, etc.)
- Support internal and external Financial and business audits.
- Raise awareness and understanding of the impact/ dependencies of the Controls within the OTC teams (Business Partners, Resolution Owners), to maximize control effectiveness and ensure consistency in the operation of controls.
- Maintains current up-to-date knowledge of business processes and procedures for area of responsibility
- Ensures sharing of best practices and contributes to Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Monitor and manage day-to-day billing processes, including automated batch processing, urgent manual billing, self-billing (if applicable) and Idocs
- Ensuring Invoices are created and sent to the customers in a timely manner
- Support all regions, all business, all OUs
- GSAP and non GSAP
- Downstream GC, Retail, T&S, Chemicals
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good understanding of end-to-end offer-to-cash process
- Understanding/knowledge of Controls, Risk Mitigation
- University degree in Finance or similar
- Has experience in Controls/Audits/GRA
- Improvement mindset
- Analytical skills
- English min B2, second language at B2 would be an asset