Sr. Principal Kafka Architect [IB Technology]
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to play a vital part in the design of our current and future banking technology? Do you have proven ability to design, develop and deploy complex platforms and applications?
We’re looking for a hands on Kafka technical architect to:
• design Kafka streaming solutions aligned to business requirements
• break down monolithic processing domains to decentralized stream processing
• create and enforce standards to drive the wider eco-system
• create shared libraries to have cover common patterns.
• guide implementation teams to successful delivery
• make sure technical solutions are integrated into our heterogeneous and highly automated infrastructure
• collaborate on pilots and MVP design of innovative solutions in Investment Bank
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
We're Derivatives & Solutions Technology team and we're currently 1,100 technologists developing applications covering: pricing, quoting, order execution, risk management and trade lifecycle processing for the Global Markets Derivatives & Solutions business. We are made up of five teams that deliver the solutions, platforms and services that support various UBS business areas, provide next-generation valuation and risk management capabilities and significantly simplify the technology operating environment front-to-back.
• hands-on production experience and a deep understanding of the Kafka architecture and components: brokers, Zookeeper, producers/consumers, Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams
• experience designing secure Kafka platforms
• standards and patterns development for Kafka usage
• process automation and new application on-boarding, integration with CICD pipeline
• experience designing monitoring solutions and baseline statistics reporting for Kafka and Kafka applications
• strong fundamentals in Kafka administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
• knowledge of Kafka clustering, and its fault-tolerance model supporting high availability and disaster recovery
• experience in Kafka integration with Java and Python applications
• experience partnering with development teams to provide Kafka
• experience designing and building stateful and stateless microservices using Kafka Streams DLS and PAPI
• optimizing high-throughput and low-frequency applications using Kafka
• designing and building solutions for monitoring event-based workflows implemented using Kafka or other messaging platforms
• designing message structures to describe events in a common way across the application ecosystem
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.