Senior Python Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Would you like to work in dynamic environment where your opinion and expertise is heard? Do you have analytical mind? We are looking for someone like that to:
• Support the valuations methodologies and library interfacing (connection, dataflow and orchestration) with UBS’s strategic cloud based platform
• Work closely with Valuation Methodology and Finance IT IPV (Independent Price Valuation) developers
• Coordinate as well as participate in the development work required to migrate the valuation control methodologies to Microsoft Azure
• Support the methodology implementation that satisfies the SDLC and CD/CI approach
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working as part of the IPV (Independent Price Verification) team in London, under the IPV lead and BA located in London and interacting with business users based in London. The successful candidate will be a member of the global IPV team which has team members in UK , Poland & India.
We work as part of a global team providing design, development, and refactoring business requirements for the IPV business. Solutions deployed should be extensible globally with minimal localization.
You’ll be working very closely with Valuation Methodology team initially focusing on Interest Rates derivatives and Equity derivatives. The main objective of the team is to control the front-to-back model risk, including testing the theoretical implementation of the valuation model as well as valuation models' calibration to the market and its pricing of the exotic products, and development of the associated valuation methodologies.
• strong experience with Python 3, testing using Pytest (or similar) and Flask to create Python based services
• good understanding of the front-to-back trading/risk management platform is preferred
• experience in using C#, C++ or .Net useful but not essential
• excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• A good balance between theoretical knowledge and practical
• experience with Agile methods (Test driven development, Scrum etc.)
• familiarity with code versioning tools such as GitLab and familiarity with SDLC build pipelines
• motivated to drive strategical initiatives, while keeping a strong attention to details
• willing to collaborate and share knowledge with your team
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.