Software Engineer - UI/UX, Global Banking
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you looking for a stimulating, exciting and Agile working environment? Are you passionate about "the end user experience"? We are looking for a skilled Software Engineer who will be able to support the best user experience end to end. You will work closely with other engineers, product owners, data analysts and UI/UX experts.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to:
• Develop and implement interaction models and user interface designs for financial solutions
• Create wireframes and storyboards to conceptualize design using prototyping skills and visual elements
• Use strong design thinking to drive experience design activities and mindset growth
• Collaborate on prototypes, scenarios, end-to-end experiences with product owners
• Work with engineering teams, frontend, and backend developers in Agile teams
In our agile operating model, crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous pods. You’ll be working in the Global Banking team in Wroclaw focusing on deliverables for the Digital Strategy & Capital Markets crew. Our Team is a multi-disciplinary, self-organized pod which operates in an international and stimulating environment. You will find an inclusive ecosystem with strong focus on communication and collaboration.
Our ambition is to create the best-in-class digital experience for customers, constantly listening and learning from them, delivering products that have a real positive impact on the business.
• Minimum of degree qualification in an appropriate subject, 2-5 years of experience, preferably in Financial Services
• Excellent hands-on experience with React, HTML, CSS, Flexbox, JS, Redux, Typescript
• Understanding of networking and web technologies such as Web Services, REST API, JSON, etc.
• Experience with working on complex projects in an Agile environment
• Experience with Task Management System (e.g. JIRA)
• Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Interested in learning new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind
• Strong communicator
Nice to have:
• Testing framework experience with Jest, Enzyme, Karma
• Understanding of SQL and Java
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.