Tech Internship - Automation Monitoring
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you good at identifying and automating manual, repetitive tasks? Do you like to work and explore multiple, distributed systems? Are you comfortable working with Global teams? Do you have ability to solve complex issues, covering both technical and business needs?
We’re offering a Site Reliability Internship to focus mainly on the following tasks:
• Ensure reliability and resiliency of our Monitoring Solutions
• Create self-healing automations for our tools and automate any repetitive manual tasks
• Support onboarding new teams to our platforms, automating every single piece of it
• Writing excellent documentation both technical within the team and for users
In this role you are part of a high-performing team of Site Reliability Engineers with wide expertise on Monitoring agents and platforms. You will work with committed, quality driven and very technical people understanding the monitoring area, all the tools interacting with it and the needs of our clients. The team is based in Poland, Switzerland and India.
• Quick learner able to adapt to new tools and processes
• Proactive, able to identify issues
• Focused on delivering tasks on time while maintaining quality
• Stays calm and keeps focused under pressure
• Unix environments understanding
• Basic knowledge of programming languages or scripting languages
You are going to learn
• Scripting languages like Bash or Python
• Supporting monitoring agents and tools (BEATS, Netcool, AppDynamics, Splunk, Moogsoft or Big Panda)
• SDLC, JIRA, CI/CD pipelines, GitLab, Azure DevOps
• Automation tools (Ansible, IPSoft IPCenter) or RPA (Automation Anywhere)
• Cloud or Hybrid environments (Azure preferred)
• SRE best practices
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.