Web Mining Engineer - Evidence Lab
Evidence Lab Innovations, Research
Job Reference #
We're looking for Web Mining Developer to:
- Investigate varied websites architectures by reverse engineering the underlying communication and data flow
- Build efficient web mining robots (spider, bots, scrapers) that will stand the test of time
- Research and design tools and processes to optimize the day-to-day work and data platform
- Cooperate with the Data Quality team on overcoming challenges related to efficient robot maintenance
You'll be working in the Evidence Lab team in Krakow (Fabryczna Office Park)
You will be working in the Web Mining team which is part of UBS Global Research and Evidence Lab.
Our job is to build solutions to automatically collect any necessary data.
We are creating our own Agile framework to keep the organization scalable and maintain good environment for continuous optimization.
UBS Evidence Lab is led by visionaries and our culture is like a start-up (without all of the risk). Our unique data-driven approach to investment research is revolutionizing the industry.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- 0-1+ years web development experience
- 0-1+ years database experience, including SQL based analysis and reporting
- Experience with Python or any other popular scripting language
- Experience with data analysis
- Knowledge of Browser-Web Server interaction including DNS, HTTP, SSL, GET, POST, JSON, REST
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.