Java Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We're seeking a talented Java engineer to join the monitoring and surveillance team, where you will be involved in the development of business critical systems using modern technology. Are you a software engineer with broad technical skills and experience in the whole development lifecycle? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• take part in the architectural and design decisions
• actively improve the application’s quality, expand the automated test suite
• develop the CI/CD pipeline in GitLab and automation
• participate in the journey of migrating the application to the container services in Azure Cloud
• challenge the Team to improve the design/code/processes
• transparently coordinate the work with the other Team members during Scrum Events
• collaborate with multiple IT & Business stakeholders to understand business requirements and refine the Product Backlog
You’ll be working in the Group Compliance Regulations and Governance IT team based in Krakow. Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions to meet UBS' regulatory commitments. You will be part of a global team that is responsible for delivering Compliance Monitoring and Oversight IT program - supporting the surveillance of bank-wide trading activity. The global team works from Singapore, India, Poland, UK and USA.
• 2+ years of IT experience
• strong exposure to Core Java, Spring, Spring Boot, REST APIs and Microservices
• focus on unit and integration test in Java
• exposure to CI/CD concepts
• understanding of Agile based processes
• understanding of relational databases like Oracle
• exposure or willingness to learn on Cloud integration, Container Services
• should be able to communicate clearly with multiple stakeholders and be able to coordinate & collaborate with various teams across multiple regions
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, at UBS we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves.
Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.