Global Banking Tech Support Analyst
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• support the applications of the Global Banking (GB) division in the Investment Bank (IB)
• follow incident and problem management processes according to ITIL standards and uphold these high standards for timely issue resolution and keeping stakeholders updated with progress
• proactively seek automation and efficiency improvement opportunities to reduce non value added activities (TOIL)
• take on project related work to support application releases or infrastructure upgrades and manage these through to completion
• participate in weekend support rotas. This will be approximately 1 week in 10 where you would be on-call for any urgent issues and help with any application releases or infra-related changes that require application support.
• manage the EMEA support coverage, ensuring timely resolution of issues and managing / escalating major incidents where required
You’ll be working in the TOC IB GB team responsible for the 1st/2nd line application support and software releases. Our teammates are located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Nashville and Pune with a follow the sun support model.
You'll be located in Wroclaw, working closely with APAC and EMEA teammates. You'll also interact with the development and Infrastructure teams to facilitate solutions for our users / stakeholders.
• at least 5 years of IT support experience, ideally with some experience inside a financial institution
• a good attitude and being a good team player, some previous team leadership experience desirable
• Linux / Unix and Oracle DB
• some knowledge of Azure fundamentals or a strong desire to learn Azure Cloud
• practical experience in ITIL standards for Incident, Problem and Release Management
Nice to have:
• Shell Scripting
• Apache, Tomcat, Java, Autosys skills all desirable
• knowledge of automation / monitoring processes is a plus
• experience of the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) framework desirable
• familiarity with TIBCO EMS, MQ and Kafka Middleware technologies
• a team player and able to work well within a team
• must be comfortable delegating tasks and owning any tasks/projects assigned to you
• a self-starter and take ownership for seeing tasks through to successful completion
• able to interact well with the Business and able to handle demanding user requests under pressure
• eager to apply automation to seek continuous service improvement in reducing non value added activities
• keen to learn new technologies and build a solid understanding of the business context of the applications in order to improve the client experience
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.