Senior Java Engineer – UBS Neo
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate? Do you thrive on solving challenging technical problems in an elegant way using state-of-the-art technologies?
We're seeking a talented engineer to join us, where you will be involved in the development of cutting edge, business critical systems for the UBS Investment Bank using modern technology.
In this role, you will:
• join a high-performing team working on a high-profile project
• apply best-in-class development practices and effectively utilize technology
• work across the full software delivery lifecycle
• write high quality code and adhere to coding standards
• collaborate with others across the organization to achieve your objectives
UBS Neo is an award-winning digital platform that enables UBS businesses and developers to rapidly deliver innovative products to our clients and staff. Today, the platform underpins an ecosystem of over 100 apps, 2m users and a community of over 500 engineers, with significant growth expected over the next few years as we develop the next generation of the platform.
You will be joining a multi-disciplinary agile team within the UBS Investment Bank that works in close partnership with the business and delivers to production on a frequent basis. You will also be working closely with the wider Neo developer community in order to identify opportunities to extend the platform capabilities, collaborate on projects and deliver state-of-the-art solutions.
• expertise in the core Java programming language
• a track record of delivering successful, complex, large scale applications
• good understanding of the fundamentals of computing science, including design patterns, data structures and algorithms
• knowledge of distributed systems
• clean coding skills and excellent problem solving ability
• fluency in functional and non-functional testing practices
• experience with the Spring Java framework
• experience with micro-service architectures
• experience with web services (REST) and messaging systems
• fluency with UNIX command line tools
• knowledge of agile development practices
• experience with source control systems (e.g. Git), build tools and CI/CD
• knowledge of public cloud technologies
• knowledge of containers and Kubernetes
• understanding of cyber security
• fluent in English
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.