C/C++ Windows UI Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about FX Trading Technology? Are you able to use your skills to build robust and scalable multi-server systems? We are looking for someone like that to:
• work as part of our Polish team to develop and evolve our well-respected risk management GUI which is used by worldwide trading users
• maintain and add required features to the existing C++-based UI. The successful candidate would take on and own requirements, implement them and test front-to-back, and ensure the satisfaction of all stakeholders
• participate in changes to the server-side components which support the GUI
• assist the testing team to improve automated testing of the GUI
• additionally participate from time to time in other activities as required: changes to other software components, GUIs, or devops activities
You'll be working as a part of the Foreign Exchange IT team, based in Poland.
We develop IT solutions for FX Cash Trading and all its stakeholders that enables our business to grow and ensures it is remaining compliant with the international regulations. Our team focuses on creating sustainable IT solutions to meet the evolving requirements of the business, clients and the market place. We work in close collaboration with the trading desks, the COO team, our control functions and other IT teams.
• experience in software and development in complex real time systems
• experience in application language and technology architecture: C++ GUI and backend, XML, Corba, Tibco RV, Linux, advantageous: C#, Perl, Python, shell scripts
• experience in multi-threaded design, development and implementation for complex real time systems.
• experience with UI design
• systematic approach to business analysis and innovation
• experience working with the Agile development methodology
• knowledge of Foreign Exchange and Rates products is an advantage
• experience working with Microsoft AZURE or other Cloud would set you apart
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.