Software engineer/ Chapter Leader
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We’re looking for an Engineering Sapphire Chapter Lead to:
• act as people and development manager to engineers, be a mentor supporting growth and career progression and ensure high standards of engineering is applied across the delivery crews
• support and enable the chapter with new / emerging practices, learning opportunities and capability building
• connect chapters to the wider UBS community of guilds, engage as thought and action leader beyond the borders of the crew
• work with Crew Leads and Agile coaches to understand and resolve challenges, opportunities and areas of collaboration
• support the broader strategy and goals of their organization to ensure chapter members are equipped to understand in their context
• analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
• provide ownership and support of applications by owning investigation and resolution of L3 Prod Support activities, maintenance, technology upgrades, and compliance to enterprise requirements.
• ensure the applications we build are feature rich, performs to expectations, and maintainable in a resilient and supportable manner
• act as a Solution Architect to provide end to end tech design solutions into key project decisions
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
In our agile operating model, crews are aligned to larger products and services fulfilling client needs and encompass multiple autonomous pods. You’ll be working in the Financing team in Krakow, Poland focusing on the Swap Custom Basket products. You’re a part of the Pre-Trading & Trading Crew, a global team supporting Securities Lending and Swap Traders. Our mission is to reimagine our trading environment to streamline, scale and support our Securities Financing and Trading businesses.
• strong servant leader who can garner respect from individuals, puts their needs first, and with a strong attitude of transparency
• bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
• Ideally, 13 to 18 years of experience in a similar position within the finance sector
• interested in learning new technologies and practices, reuse strategic platforms and standards, evaluate options, and make decisions with long-term sustainability in mind
• strong communicator, from making presentations to technical writing
• proven track record with JAVA (13 to 18)
• solid experience with Spring framework, SQL databases, UNIX, and shell scripting
• solid experience in Kafka / streaming preferred
• functional programming/Big data/Cloud(AWS/Azure) experience are a big plus
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.