Technical internship – Group Treasury Tech (LiFE)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about software engineering? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally? Do you have skills in developing software in Java or Python?
We’re looking for an intern to:
· be a part of the project team and be involved in day-to-day tasks alongside our tech professionals
· learn about new technologies, our products and other core business topics
· apply your knowledge and expertise to delivering solutions and system
· get to know your colleagues through networking, social events and cross-business trainings
You'll be working within the Group Treasury Technology team responsible for delivering the next generation liquidity and fund management platform, LiFE. This is a new solution aiming at supporting more stringent cash flow management and providing liquidity & funds to all lines of business in UBS group.
The program offers you the chance to spend up to 12 months being a part one of our technology teams in Krakow. Working alongside our engineers and businesses stakeholders will allow you to gain a wider perspective on technology and how it's used in the financial industry.
· a computer science or computer engineering-related education background
· expertise in fundamentals of computing science including data structures and algorithms.
· basic knowledge and appetite to learn Java & Python, testing frameworks and Azure
· appetite working with Spark
· appetite working within an Agile team
· focus on quality
· an excellent communicator
· quick learner
· comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· fluent in English, both spoken and written
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.