Senior React Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about leveraging the latest technologies for strategic change? Are you ambitious, enjoy problem solving in innovative ways, highly motivated and looking for a chance to enhance your skills? If so, you could be the right person for this role.
• Work in the development team to implement elegant, sophisticated and ambitious client facing applications using modern web technologies
• Help translate business use cases into the technical delivery of a supporting user interface and APIs
• Interact with senior stakeholders through Agile development of the concepts
• Working with User Experience design teams to create excellent application experiences for users
• Play an active role in working groups and ensure deliverables are completed or escalated on time
• Be a team player, working across the organization with skills to indirectly manage and influence
Client Lifecycle Management is a global technology team responsible for building and delivering solutions for mastering and distributing Client and Account reference data. You will be part of a new team that is embarking on dramatically changing the client lifecycle landscape within UBS by simplifying the interaction between Sales and the Client Middle Office and developing client facing applications aimed at digitising the client onboarding process and reducing onboarding times.
• A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
• Over 5 years of experience working in an Agile delivery model
• Extensive experience with modern web development technologies such as React.js, React Hooks, Redux, Node.js, Express.js, Webpack, Jest and Cypress
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application and familiarity with RESTful Services
• Experience working with Git (GitLab)
• Broad knowledge about the web world, trends, emerging technologies and architectures
• Fluent in English both written and spoken. Any other language is a plus
• Passionate about development with a focus on web architecture and design
• Delivery minded able interpret a set of business requirements and turn them into simple, sensible solutions
• Experienced in application delivery. You can take ownership of issues, are quick to find solutions and will find ways to continuously improve the code in order to prevent reoccurrences.
• A strong communicator from making presentations to technical writing
• A team player, comfortable working with a lead developer and architects for the program
• Passionate with the skills needed to influence the wider technical community within UBS by promoting best practices and pro-actively evaluating and proposing new technologies
• Imaginative and creative. You happily embrace emerging technologies and design techniques
• Adaptable, able to work across teams and functions
• Focused with a track record of delivering successful applications in production
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.