Senior Java Developer for WMA
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
We are looking for an independent dependable Software Developer. You will play a key role in enhancing and augmentation of the Fixed Income trading platform. This is a great opportunity to steer and have an impact to the development, deploy, and release processes.
• Analyze functional requirements, clarify with stakeholders if required
• Prepare task estimation and user story decomposition
• Implement and be responsible for the new functionality end-to-end
• Improve existing solutions and fix defects being raised by the QA team
• Participate in backlog refinement, planning and demo meetings
• Deliver code solutions according to clean-code and TDD principles
• Develop production-ready systems and components
• Perform code reviews and control a code quality
• Actively participate in solution architecture design and implementation
We are a Capital Markets team developing a Fixed Income trading platform for WMA IT. It provides end-to-end trading flow to our stakeholders in the front and middle offices. We are made of 5 teams distributed across the globe, and collaborate with teams from US, Poland, and Pune.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
• Solid experience in development and maintenance of distributed systems with Java
• Unit-, integration, functional testing experience
• Ability to write clean self-describing code
• Knowledge of OOP/OOD principles
• Knowledge of design patterns
• Knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL databases
• Fluent English- written and oral
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.