Risk and Control Lead for KYC Periodic Reviews
Investment Banking, Operations
Job Reference #
Are you a self-starter with a Client service focus and strong risk awareness? Do you see opportunity when faced with a challenging problem, and are you willing to deep dive to identify solutions and deliver results? We are seeking a motivated and detail oriented individual to support the IB Operations, Client Lifecycle Management team, focusing on Client outreach for IB KYC Reviews. In this role, you will:
- act as the senior KYC subject matter expert and the key escalation contact for all matters relating to KYC Periodic Review Control testing
- display a detailed understanding of the KYC process and relevant AML policies, together with a high degree of risk awareness
- understand current Global Regulatory KYC requirements,
- You would be seen as the key senior member of Global Risk and Control Team working closely with teams from Shanghai, Singapore, Nashville, London and India
- This is a newly established team and will manage day to day activities of the team members
- perform planning, monitoring and oversight to ensure internal deadlines are met and critical cases are escalated accordingly
- run large and complex data analysis using Alteryx (and other data analytic tools including Excel) to assess performance and controls on the KYC reviews service executed across Global Periodic Reviews
- summarise data analysis results into presentation format and present to stakeholders and management
- recommend, develop and implement solutions to support continuous improvement of our processes, procedures and service
You will be working as part of the Integrated Client Lifecycle Services Team in Poland. The team focuses on risk oversight, assessment and reporting related to the IB Business. This role offers a unique opportunity to work closely and build relationships with different IB functions.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, Legal Studies, and/or similar discipline
- At least 8-10 years of KYC experience in a financial institution and good understanding of AML KYC Global regulatory requirements
- Proven track record in providing positive client experience (external and internal)
- Strong risk mindset and is able to make risk-based decisions
- Preferably worked on Alteryx or other data analytic tools and experience in delivering automation projects
- Ability to work well under pressure, is able to multitask, can handle challenging deadlines and deliver to high quality
- Resilient team player with a can-do attitude and with strong influencing skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.