We are currently looking for a passionate and experienced HR professional to join our Senior HR Advice team dedicated for managers in the United Kingdom.
HR Advice teams are part of larger HR Country Operations structures and their role is to provide a full range of services ensuring that Shell UK employees and line managers get the best support and advice on matters like resourcing, performance management, development, optimizing teams structures and building leadership capabilities. Our UK Operations teams provide support to employees based in UK and also to those who are based in the UK but who may sometimes perform their roles /be located in other countries around the world.
This role is based in SBO (Shell Business Operations) Kraków, which means cooperating with many other global teams such as International Mobility, Tax, Compliance, Performance and Reward Operations and many others.
The main purpose of this role is to partner with UK-based line managers on a broad range of HR matters and provide seamless end-to-end resolution of their HR queries in line with internal policies, company culture, values and UK labor law. Queries may include, but not limit to: Performance Management, Development, Policy Guidance, Exit/ Redundancy management, Absence management, Leave, Retirement, Benefits advice and specific site/location practices. The Senior HR Advisors are also to provide coaching and feedback to line managers, equipping them with tools and knowledge to deal with HR related matters in their teams.
- Delivery of HR advice to line managers and supporting employees with more complex HR-related cases.
- Providing seamless end-to-end resolution of HR queries to line managers and employees
- Coordinating with Global and/or Local HR Consultants in case of (large scale) change initiatives, to ensure proper HR Advice support is provided to these initiatives (e.g. large reorganizations, office moves etc).
- Partnering with line managers on most complex HR matters, providing operational as well as tactical HR support (for example, support line managers with performance management to heighten productivity; coach and support managers on team effectiveness strategies/resources)
- Providing guidance and practical expertise to Line Managers on internal Policy related issues to ensure the best performance of his/her team and the individuals within it.
- Delivering great employee experience through pro-actively addressing employee and line managers’ needs.
- Providing coaching and feedback to line managers, equipping the line managers to deal with HR related matters confidently, correctly and timely.
- Establishing strong working relationship with colleagues in the UK and the Centers of Excellence to ensure the team can effectively partner when the situation requires.
- Highlighting and escalating issues with strategic, legal, employee relations or reputational risk to appropriate parties.
Requirements (the ideal candidate will have):
- Proven track of experience (5+ years) in effective HR partnering with a range of stakeholders/business partners;
- Partnering skills and understanding how HR can contribute to the business
- Previous experience in Business facing roles in international environment
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence business leaders through coaching and advice
- Ability to diagnose business needs and offer possible alternative solution based on available data
- Ability to proactively support change processes with stakeholders and colleagues
- Handling skillful contracting conversations with senior stakeholders, while managing expectations and bringing constructive feedback to the table
- HR Information & Analysis skills
- People-centric mindset
- Understanding of policy intent with knowledge of when exceptions should be applicable
- Ownership; end to end accountability for resolution
- Fluent English
- Workday and Salesforce systems familiarity will be an asset
Senior HR Advisors in SBO Kraków enjoy working in a dynamic, creative and fast pace performing team. This role offers great exposure to a wide range of global HR experts and business leaders, development opportunities and competitive package of income and benefits.