Description - External
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
We are looking for a SAP Product Owner to join our Product Management team in building innovative products that enterprises don’t just use, but love. Our product management team here at Client Technology SAP Domain is motivated by designing, building and releasing products that “wow” our customers, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible for making a better working world. You will work closely with engineering, QA, UX, and business teams to deliver highly available SAP technology solutions for EY clients across the globe.
You will utilize agile scrum methodology, develop user stories and acceptance criteria, refine & lead the product backlog delivery, and advocate for end-user and business needs.
Your key responsibilities:
- Ideate new products and manage them through their lifecycle by partnering with EY Service Lines’ customer needs.
- Partner with several product and feature teams to deliver a wide range of products that will be built primarily on SAP technologies (SAP Business Technology Platform).
- Work alongside a team of product owners and feature teams to develop features for the products that will be sold to EY Clients worldwide.
- Manage expectations of a wide variety of stakeholders – clients, business owners, product teams, client technology leadership, service line leaders, information security group, vendors (SAP primarily) and service providers.
- Enforce product governance structures and compliance activities to maintain regulatory compliance and enterprise standards.
- Communicate feedback to the leadership team to improve and evolve the quality of products.
- Cultivates and builds relationships with all stakeholders.
- Prioritizes deadlines and provides supervision of all members of the feature teams.
- Sets and monitors goals and assess overall performance of team members and actively participates in the formal Review Committees for the Product Management group.
- Provides formal and informal coaching on-the-job to grow team members to their full potential.
- Delivers results through others, leveraging the ability to lead through influence
- Responsible for assigning work and reviewing performance, requiring leadership of virtual teams
- Strong influencing skills are required to work with other departments or leaders and encourage effective feedback for all team members with stakeholders beyond the Product Management group.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Strong knowledge of the Agile software development lifecycle and product management methodologies.
- Strong financial acumen ensuring financial metrics are met across the product lifecycle.
- Knowledge of building SAP enterprise cloud and on-premise products with a demonstrated ability to drive product planning, development and launch (specifically SAP S/4HANA).
- Good understanding of the most recent trends around SAP technologies and their integration with SAP S/4HANA, leveraging the SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies. Deft at designing presentations, formal writing, verbal and email communication.
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make decisions based on both quantitative data and qualitative insight.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field preferred.
- Experience managing and delivering results through others in matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams.
- 7+ years of overall experience out of which 4+ years much be in a product owner/leader role at large scale product companies with significant experience in interacting with senior leaders and global management.
- Prior experience in product design or engineering of products in B2B segment desirable.
- Management of a team with resources in multiple geographies.
- Experience and ability to define and develop cloud-based products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on Cloud environments – especially SAP Business Technology Platform.
- Proven success in defining product features and drive feature execution – from concept to commissioning.
- Solid business acumen, management and marketing communication skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Handle ambiguity and get things done in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are challenged.
- Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution.
What working at EY offers:
- Interesting top technology transformation projects with global impact
- Opportunities to develop new technical and non-technical skills in a truly global environment
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Variety of platforms for upskilling including but not limited to Udemy, SAP Learning HUB, on-site trainings, language classes
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Non-wage benefits: private health care for you and your family, life insurance, MultiSport card, theatre and cinema tickets, shopping vouchers etc.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now.