Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are integral to innovation at scale. You will work with technologists and business specialists, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a champion for change and growth, you will be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
Business Analysts will apply analytical knowledge areas and in-depth analysis of the business to uncover its true problems, understand its objectives, define the relevant requirements, business rules and identify design elements to support the application functions. Business Analysts have strong problem-solving skills and interact regularly with various professionals to generate value for the business. Business Analysts have several key touch points through the product lifecycle and will ensure that the solution will enable the business to achieve its objectives.
Your key responsibilities
- Leads meetings and facilitates workshops with business stakeholders to scope, gather, understand and analyze business requirements, and translates business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements
- Applies business analysis knowledge areas to plan, elaborate, analyze and communicate on processes, solution requirements and business rules applicable for the operations and benefit of the business
- Collates and analyzes business models, business processes and operations to develop a comprehensive understanding of business needs and requirements, and maintains an understanding of the technical implications of risks, assumptions and dependencies
- Translates sophisticated business requirements into technical requirements and specifications, supplying to system architectural design and development.
- Strong analytical capabilities to decompose sophisticated business models, specify critical functions and identify inter-dependencies for design considerations
- Builds working rapport with business stakeholders and SMEs to analyze business requirements and understand business perspectives to provide required insights to envision future state and what they need to change to support it
- Engage with business and technology partners to clarify application functions, business processes and data flow to align requirements specification and technology capabilities for the solution in addressing business expectations
- Integrate the solution into business workstreams, which may include the provision of enablement materials and training agenda to facilitate adoption and transition the product into the business cycle
- Maintains an understanding of risks, assumptions, and dependencies associated with the business and technical requirements, identifies any blockers and flags as appropriate, and assists with scope management activities including the identification and impact assessment of change
- Verifies through different testing practices (ex. UAT) to validate the solutions meet the functional specifications and resolve specified business problems faced by the business
- Involved in the delivery of business case development and RFP responses, seeking new data sources to assist with the delivery
- Supports Business Architecture & Analysis (BAA) community on knowledge base to elevate business analysis competencies
Skills and attributes for success
- Ability to plan, implement and apply business analysis knowledge areas to scope work effort and capture business requirements for further analysis, and help to prioritize features to produce required business outcomes
- Experienced in developing technical requirements and specifications, including knowledge of software development methodologies and reporting tools
- Good interpersonal and communication skill (written and verbal)- able to identify, articulate and present business situation, options and benefits
- Familiar with value propositions incorporating broader enterprise view of the business operations, encompassing functional analysis, workflow analysis, impact analysis (organization, cost) and risk analysis
- Experience in conducting functional walkthroughs and addressing FAQs to integrate solution into business activities
- Ability to engage and collaborate in diverse settings of people
- A sense of urgency, decisiveness, and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to listen and to think independently, and be a curious and creative person
- Understanding of industry based Business Process Modelling notation
- Broad understanding of IT Services, including service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience with significant role interacting with business to define business operations, workflows and technology solutions
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting services with consistent record to creatively assist client with their business challenges and objectives
- Have shown experience of one or more industries or sectors, with broad knowledge of current as well as new technologies
- Have experience in Agile framework participating directly in Agile practices and producing common artifacts by leveraging industry based business analysis knowledge
- Understand product development and delivery framework especially Agile framework, DevOps practices and micro services
- Strong confirmed experience in either an internal or external business analysis role, or similar, evidenced by adding significant business value through research, challenging the status quo where appropriate, supplying material improvement ideas and developing/communicating full business cases
- Good technical knowledge and experience in applying business analysis skills, delivering IT solutions, providing comprehensive understanding of business requirements
- Confirmed partner management experience
What we look for
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.