Role name and description
Indirect Tax has 9 sub-functions which manage Global accounts. Indirect Tax is spread across 8 GDS Locations. Our footprint extends to over 30+ countries in the world and looking at expanding it to over 50+ countries soon. We help country practices streamline and manage large engagements for several clients. Our team is Dynamic, culturally diverse and inclusive global workforce. Organized across geographic areas and business lines We drive high performance work culture.
- An exciting opportunity with Sales and Use Tax Team.
- Assistance and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Your key responsibilities
- Review and reconcile tax value notices and tax bills and interact with taxing jurisdictions to resolve discrepancies
- Expertise on Sales tax concepts and well versed with research tools like Vertex, Data handling, filings, Notices.
- Technically versatile and able to work with data from various sources of complexity and formats
- Ability to lead team effectively, Experience in coaching and mentoring team
- Monitor changes in State and Local tax legislation and rates incorporate changes timely into monthly procedures and update the team.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work competently with teams in other geographic locations
- Oversee returns reviewed by the senior by following the Standard operating procedures and update the Manager/Senior Manager on work related issues.
- Perform first level reviews and signs off returns prepared by preparers.
- Interpersonal skills - Enjoys working with people and developing people, with key focus on managing effective teams
- Provide input for process improvements/automation
- Independently apply knowledge in the generation of a tax computation/return.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Analytics, Numerical and Detail oriented
Skills and attributes for success
- Exhibit inclusive behavior in interactions with internal & external stakeholders with strong communication skills
- Knowledge on budgeting, reporting and billing and financial aspects of the projects.
- Involve in Process Improvements and develop best practices within the client and team.
- Logical process driven thinker
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 3-6 years of experience in the domain
- A Graduate/PG from any stream
- Experience handling a diverse team
- Experience handling Sales and Use tax returns
- Good written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
Proficiency in Data visualization tools. Power Query, Power BI, etc.
What we look for
We look for candidates with proven capabilities in driving multiple projects, with exception client management and project management experience
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success, as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers to the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more