Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
The role holder will report to a Senior Manager and will work closely with various internal stakeholders, and will be primarily responsible for assisting the Senior Manager in managing the team, and providing end-to-end legal support to global EY law network.
GDS Legal Managed Services team provides comprehensive legal support services including Entity Compliance and Governance, Contract Life Cycle Management, Research and Regulatory Mapping and Managed Review and Functional Analysis, uniting our legal professionals (3,100+ Lawyers) from different backgrounds and geographies (80 Jurisdictions) under a common purpose of exceptional client service with a global mindset. We also work along with other EY professionals, including Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Advisory. We are driven to provide client-centric solutions, guided by a deep sector focus and broad knowledge across the world.
Within Legal Managed Services, our Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) team works with clients to improve the performance of the legal function and add value to the overall organization. We serve high-profile, national and multinational clients across the globe across a host of contract management needs, ranging from pre-execution contract drafting and preparation services; negotiation support; to post-execution services like due diligence and contract analysis, as well as auxiliary tech implementation and enablement initiatives around CLM engagements. We have a large, national practice that assembles project teams working with clients on often full time, multi-month projects. We are a growing, dynamic practice with excellent opportunities for career development.
The EY CLM team is focused on helping clients improve how they operate their legal function. Many client professionals are never trained on building effective legal departments and rely on groups like CLM to bring best-in-class ideas and provide the insight and experience on how to implement these ideas. Our CLM team is dedicated to helping companies assess the complexities of delivering value and managing risk in their corporate legal functions through the improvement of people, process and technology. Team members serve as business advisors and assist clients in transforming their legal processes from analysis phase to full implementation.
Your key responsibilities
- Review, redlining, and negotiation of broad range of transactional contracts including procurement and sale of services, technology, data, content and products, within or outside of the supply chain;
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to mitigate identified risks in the contract language being negotiated and ensure the commercial objectives are fulfilled within the stipulated timeframe ;
- Communicate independently with the client’s business and legal stakeholders with a view of building/strengthening relationship;
- Understand and work within client specific processes and negotiation strategies;
- Work with a team to ensure service delivery in accordance with the agreed project scope, ensuring overall client satisfaction and compliance with SLAs, and actively identifying client needs and ways to fulfil those needs;
- Be the point of escalation for the project team to address both technical and people management issues;
- Facilitate reporting via daily/weekly/monthly metrics packs to internal and external project stakeholders, possibly members of senior management;
- Work to understand, implement and facilitate use of Contract Management technologies appropriate to client needs;
- Support project management responsibilities as needed (e.g. Leading delivery of project-based engagements involving contract review, abstraction, analysis, and remediation services in response to regulatory and other triggering events);
- Innovate and improve upon current processes and techniques including in relation to workflow, time and knowledge management.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong communication, writing and inter-personal skills at all levels, including presentation skills, both formal and informal;
- Familiarity working with technology and willingness to keep abreast of the changing environment;
- Highly responsive to the needs of both internal (including reporting managers, other project managers and team members) as well as external clients;
- High energy, self-starter, ability to work independently, analytical, quick learner, organized, flexible to change and drives results;
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Law from leading University or College (LLB/LLM; BL/ML/Juris Doctor).
- At least 5-10 years of relevant experience with a reputed LPO/Corporate Law Firm/General Counsel of multi-national corporation;
- Subject matter expertise; ability to work with different contract structures and strong issue spotting ability;
- Contract negotiation experience handling volumes across a variety of transactions;
Skills required for the role
- Ability to understand and interpret the relevant regulations and apply the same to the work situation;
- Strong project management skills - ability to multi-task across a variety of projects and activities;
- Organized, able to meet deadlines and achieve results with minimal guidance;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal - ability to summarize, edit, and harmonize large volume of data;
- Solid research and analytical skills – ability to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations;
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping;
- A strong proficiency in working across the various Microsoft office tools (word, excel, PowerPoint);
- Proactive and motivated across all aspects of teaming and execution of work;
- Willingness to stretch and work under pressure, as and when required to do so;
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality;
- Attention to detail and openness to feedback;
- International outlook and awareness.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Exposure to multi-jurisdiction laws and/or contract management experience is an added advantage;
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and project management skills are desirable;
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.