Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
Indirect Tax has 9 sub-functions which manage Global accounts. Indirect Tax is spread across 8 GDS Locations. Our footprint extends to over 30+ countries in the world and looking at expanding it to over 50+ countries soon. We help country practices streamline and manage large engagements for several clients. Our team is Dynamic, culturally diverse and inclusive global workforce. Organized across geographic areas and business lines We drive high performance work culture.
As a Senior Manager for the EMEIA Tax Center, you will actively work on the finalized deliverables on projects/services in the domain of Indirect Tax / VAT
Your key responsibilities
- Being a central point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT and VAT compliance.
- Fully comprehend the scope of each client engagement to identify what is out of scope and thus a "win" or additional work.
- Capture all out of scope work to your clients and record on Pipeline spreadsheet or direct it to the Process Owner to do so
- Organizing and coordinating the client serving team during the resolution of any out of scope activities.
- Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients.
- Final review and sign-off of indirect tax returns.
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated.
- Act as point of contact for the process owner ('Senior Manager') and client.
- Assist the Assistance VAT Controller ('Assistance manager') in case of issues encountered during the preparation of the returns.
- Proposing improvement possibilities to raise the effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
- Organizing the annual desktop review.
- Final review of the periodical indirect tax compliance calendar and sending this to the client.
- Act as point of contact for local EY offices/SMO-teams and other EY parties involved in a project.
- Managing the completion of the full cycle for an indirect tax return.
- Managing the set-up of new technology tools.
- Updating the engagement documentation (desk procedures).
- Managing contractual agreement with local EY offices.
- Identify opportunities to bring to clients based upon their footprint and issues.
- Broaden your own internal networks within the sub service line, but also across sub service lines.
- Assist with RFP activity with Process Owners and Partners.
- Broaden the relationship network with existing clients and participate in commercial initiatives together with senior executives or partners.
- Staying up to date on all relevant changes in the international tax landscape and actively transfer this knowledge in order to support the continuous development of your colleagues.
Skills and attributes for success
- Is always open to different perspectives and takes the time to actively listen and encourage ongoing dialogue between all members of the team.
- Communicates proactively and often with counselees and team members to drive open and honest development and career conversations for the purpose of building trust, authentic meaningful relationships and exceptional career experiences.
- Actively uses their network to further advance their team members and counselee
- Drives the retention and recruitment of a high performing, diverse, team.
- Promotes flexibility and enables our people to achieve both their personal and professional goals.
- Provides ongoing, quality direction to team members and/or counselees in order to help them maximize their performance and achieve their potential.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 8-10+ years of relevant professional experience in European VAT and VAT compliance required.
- Fluent in English – written and spoken.
- Team player with project management skills and focusing on organizing a team to work in the most efficient way.
- Good knowledge of general VAT principles.
- Excellent knowledge about functioning/usage of ERP-systems.
- Shows great interest in working with multi-country clients.
- Can work independently.
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with good communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of the other services: Direct Tax Compliance, Statutory Reporting, Bookkeeping, Corporate Secretarial, Service Management, Pricing, Investment Products Tax, Payroll.
- Can detect potential opportunities where EY could assist.
- Proactively involves all team members in client discussions, particularly around out of scope work and new opportunities.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- High level knowledge and experience of a local country Indirect Tax Compliance.
- Thorough knowledge of Global Indirect Tax Compliance and the associated processes.
What we look for
We look for candidates with proven capabilities in driving multiple projects, with exception client management and project management experience
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success, as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers to the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.