Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 270,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
The Security Consultant function in EY reports to Deputy CISO for Client Technology in a hands-on role focused on the security architecture and design for applications processes sensitive data and providing critical business services. The Security Consultant works directly with Architects, Developers, IAM engineers and other resources through collaboration to deliver secure business solutions.
The Security Consultant’s role is a technical position that supports the integration of security controls into the design, build, deployment and operation of business applications and related infrastructure in support of Firm growth strategy.
This is an entry level position and is expected to have appropriate educational background but limited actual work experience.
Your key responsibilities
This position is an individual contributor capable of supporting multiple project teams in the design, implementation and certification of security controls across IT systems. This role will allow building of knowledge of various IT system architecture and Cloud technology, as well as supporting technology such as IAM, network security, firewalls, user account management, audit and logging, and other security concepts as outlined in ISO27001, OWASP and related security standards. This may also include gaining knowledge of 3rd Party security assessments and applicability of SOC1 and SOC2 reports and concepts of vendor risk management.
Skills and attributes for success
Entry level working security experience and knowledge in the design, implementation, and operation of security controls. Willingness to learn and gain skills in the following areas:
- Agile & DevOps Methodologies –Contributing member of a balanced team within an Agile development or DevOps environment.
- Application Security - Design of security controls for multi-tier business solutions including the design of application-level access and entitlement management, data tenancy and isolation, encryption, and logging. Familiarity with REST API and microservices architecture.
- Cloud Security – Understanding of virtualization, cloud infrastructure, and public cloud offerings and experience designing security configuration and controls within cloud based solutions in Microsoft Azure and Azure PAAS services
- Infrastructure Security – Supporting the integration of common infrastructure security technologies and solutions into business solution architectures including the integration of identity & access management, intrusion detection and prevention, security monitoring, and data encryption solutions.
- Identity and Access Management – Understanding of concepts and implementation of technologies such as Active Directory, Azure Active Directory and Authentication and Authorization design concepts and protocols such as oAuth and SAML.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with stakeholders ranging from developers to architects to business leaders
- Knowledge of various IT system architecture concepts and Cloud technology, as well as supporting technology such as IAM, network security, firewalls, user account management, audit and logging, and other security concepts as outlined in ISO27001, OWASP and related security standards.
- Interest in pursuing CISSP, CISM, CCSK or similar certifications.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Although not required, it is preferred that candidates possess experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Internships or academic projects with exposure to application development, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, web application security controls (e.g., OWASP)
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new concepts and apply them to assigned projects
- Desire to join a high performing, global organization to start a career in information security
What we look for
We are looking for individuals with a passion for information security and demonstrated ability to apply their knowledge to new and emerging technologies that are supporting the growth strategy of a global professional services firm.
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.