Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
- Supports with processes to extract, transform and load data from disparate sources into a form that is consumable by analytics processes, for projects with limited complexity, using sound technical capabilities
- Designs, develops and produces data models of relatively low complexity, leveraging a sound understanding of data modelling standards to ensure high quality
- Builds networks with other departments across the business to help define and deliver business value
Your key responsibilities
- Reviewing complex data sets to establish data quality and highlighting where data cleansing is required to remediate the data
- Designing and implementing data models to manage data within the organization, using sound technical expertise and peer reviewing the work of others
- Migrating data from one system to another using multiple sources, identifying and implementing storage requirements
- Resolving escalated design and implementation issues with limited complexity
- Analyzing the latest trends such as cloud computing and distributed processing, and their uses in business, building industry knowledge
- Monitoring and reporting on the uses of emerging technologies, and seeking areas for continuous improvement
- Ensuring all activities adhere to the relevant data engineering and data modelling processes, procedures and standards
Skills and attributes for success
- Batch Processing - Capability to design an efficient way of processing high volumes of data where a group of transactions is collected over a period of time
- Data Integration (Sourcing, Storage and Migration) - Capability to design and implement models, capabilities and solutions to manage data within the enterprise (structured and unstructured, data archiving principles, data warehousing, data sourcing, etc.). This includes the data models, storage requirements and migration of data from one system to another
- Data Quality, Profiling and Cleansing - Capability to review (profile) a data set to establish its quality against a defined set of parameters and to highlight data where corrective action (cleansing) is required to remediate the data
- Stream Systems - Capability to discover, integrate, and ingest all available data from the machines that produce it, as fast as it’s produced, in any format, and at any quality
To qualify for the role, you must have
- B.S. in Actuarial, Behavior Economics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Econometrics, Engineering, IT, Cyber Security, or related field preferred
- Experience working with Data Platforms integrating disparate data sources
- Knowledge of distributed computing
- Solid skills in ETL, SQL
- Expertise working with MPP solutions to deal with massive amounts of data
- Working knowledge in Azure, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Synapse
- Understanding concepts developing dataflows using NiFi/ADF, Databricks
- Hands-on experience implementing large scale data warehouses and data lakes
- Hands-on experience in Spark architecture and implementation
- Experience working with Distributed Message Systems like Kafka
- Good skills in Python, PySpark or R
- Knowledge of working with structured and unstructured data sources
- Advanced level in writing complex SQL and procedures
- Knowledge or creating ingestion workflows using Oozie or similar tools
- Knowledge of security measures like HTTPS and Kerberos
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge in Graph Databases, preferably Neo4J, Cypher and Cosmos DB
- Graph Data Modeling
- Azure Data Lake Store, Databricks Delta lakes
- Spark ML
- Experience developing Microservices
What we look for
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Customer focused
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive and constructive minded
- Takes responsibility for continuous self-learning
- Takes the lead and makes decisions in critical times and tough circumstances
- Attention to detail
- High levels of integrity and honesty
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
- Medical Cover by LuxMed
- Life Insurance
- Work from home bonus
- Global language platform goFluent
- Free access to Udemy, Skillsoft and other platforms
- Intelectual Property Tax Benefit
- Benefit system
Multisport card, cinema and theatre tickets, ahopping vouchers and more to choose from
- Social benefit fund
- Charity programs
- Business casual dresscode
- Access to the office space
As per needs in respect to safety quidelines
- Referral program
1500-5000PLN gross for successful employment of reffered person
- EY Badges program
And minimum of 40h per year for every empoloyee for Develompent activities
- Car allowance
- Additional bonuses
Christmas, Child Day and other occassional vouchers and gifts
- Additional budget for trainings and certificates
Microsoft, ACCA, CIMA, Tech MBA, ServiceNow, SAP, Project Maagement, Cyber Security and more