Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
Fueled by strategic investment in technology and innovation, Client Technology seeks to drive growth opportunities and solve complex business problems for our clients through building a robust platform for business and powerful product engine that are vital to innovation at scale. As part of Client Technology, you’ll work with technologists and business experts, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities, and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating emerging technologies from AI to Data Analytics into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices, and the chance to make a real impact.
- Leads the design and implementation of processes to extract, transform and load data from disparate sources into a form that is consumable by analytics processes, for large or more complex projects, using advanced technical capabilities
- Takes accountability for the production of a suite of data models with relatively high complexity, leveraging a strong understanding of data modelling standards to ensure high quality
- Works with other departments across the business to help define and deliver business value, as well as interfacing and communicating with program teams, management and stakeholders to deliver large, complex projects
Your key responsibilities
- Leading the design, development and implementation of processes to extract, transform and load data from disparate sources into a form that is consumable by analytics processes within a given project, reviewing deliverables to ensure high quality
- Evaluating and resolving issues regarding data quality reviews, cleansing, data integration and migration, leveraging advanced technical knowledge and showing technical leadership in aspects of data engineering while driving continuous improvement efforts
- Providing a leadership role for the work group, ensuring the appropriate expectations, principles, structures, tools and responsibilities are in place to deliver the project
- Analyzing the latest industry trends such as cloud computing and distributed processing and inferring potential impact on businesses (short and long-term)
- Providing advanced technical expertise to maximize efficiency, reliability and value from current data engineering processes. Researching and monitoring existing client base and industry developments to identify potential new product opportunities from emerging technologies
- Developing strong working relationships with peers across engineering, collaborating to develop leading data engineering solutions
- Driving adherence to the relevant data engineering and data modelling processes, procedures, standards, and may input into the definition, maintenance and implementation of technology standards
Skills and attributes for success
- Batch Processing - Capability to design an efficient way of processing high volumes of data where a group of transactions is collected over a period of time
- Data Integration (Sourcing, Storage and Migration) - Capability to design and implement models, capabilities and solutions to manage data within the enterprise (structured and unstructured, data archiving principles, data warehousing, data sourcing, etc.). This includes the data models, storage requirements and migration of data from one system to another
- Data Quality, Profiling and Cleansing - Capability to review (profile) a data set to establish its quality against a defined set of parameters and to highlight data where corrective action (cleansing) is required to remediate the data
- Stream Systems - Capability to discover, integrate, and ingest all available data from the machines that produce it, as fast as it’s produced, in any format, and at any quality
Required Technical Skills
- Experience designing and building Data Platforms integrating disparate data sources
- Knowledge of Core Java/Scala
- Expertise in Data Architecture, ETL, SQL
- Expertise in working with MPP designs to speed the performance of huge databases that deal with massive amounts of data
- Expertise in Azure, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Spark
- Expertise developing dataflows using NiFi/ADF, Databricks
- Advanced, hands-on design experience implementing large analytic warehouses
- Advanced, hands-on experience in Spark architecture and implementation using several methods
- Experience working with Distributed Message Systems like Kafka
- Hands on experience with Python, PySpark or R
- Expert in creating and analyzing complex SQL queries and procedures
- Understanding of big data and distributed Architecture
- Knowledge of creating ingestion workflows using Oozie or similar tools
- Knowledge of security measures like HTTPS and Kerberos
Beneficial Technical Skills
- Experience using NoSQL databases
- Advanced Analytics, ML and AI
- Knowledge in Graph Databases, preferably Neo4J, Cypher and Cosmos DB
- Neo4J and Graph Data Modeling
- Azure Data Lake Store, Databricks Delta lakes
- Experience developing Microservices
- M.S. in Actuarial, Behavior Economics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Econometrics, Engineering, IT, Cyber Security, or related field preferred
What we look for
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Customer focused
- Excellent time management skills
- Positive and constructive minded
- Takes responsibility for continuous self-learning
- Takes the lead and makes decisions in critical times and tough circumstances
- Attention to detail
- High levels of integrity and honesty
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.