Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland – a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Technology is at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and are key to our innovation as an organization.
Fueled by a US$1B investment in technology and innovation, EY is primed to guide clients in their efforts to drive sustainable growth, create new value, and build new and better ways of working. As part of Client Technology, you’ll collaborate with engagement teams, blending EY’s deep industry knowledge and innovative ideas with our platforms, capabilities and technical expertise. As a catalyst for change and growth, you’ll be at the forefront of integrating technology into every corner of what we do at EY. That means more growth for you, exciting learning opportunities, career choices and the chance to make a real impact.
The selected candidate will:
- Leads the delivery of testing activities, plans and processes for small to medium-sized products or services, applying strong technical capabilities to ensure alignment to functional / non-functional requirements
- Designs, develops and oversees the maintenance of processes and approaches to ensure quality standards of products and services
- Develops relationships with other engineering groups to evaluate, recommend and implement complex test cases
Your key responsibilities
- Leads the delivery of test plans to ensure product quality, setting project timelines and monitoring the activities of other testers
- Designs, develops, and supports test cases for functional and non-functional domains, solving escalated issues and resolves issues that may impede the test effort
- Leads on the identification of the test scope and test environment set-up, prepares test plans, identifies relevant metrics and keeps track of required effort for small initiatives
- Manages the execution of test reports and reviews and interprets recommendations for product or design changes
- Defines and reviews internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs
- Develops relationships with other engineering groups to evaluate, recommend and implement testing procedures for products, systems, components or modifications
Skills and attributes for success
- Extensive understanding of testing lifecycle and agile frameworks
- Comprehensive, end to end understanding of the IT life cycle (pipeline, resource, demand, project delivery, financial)
- Expert knowledge of Quality Management techniques
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, Mathematics, or related field preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Hands on experience of Java, J2EE, Spring, Struts, JSPs, Servlets and XML.
- 2+ Experience in public cloud services like Amazon, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Solid understanding in database (HANA), SQL, PL/SQL.
- Experience of working on Cloud software development would be an advantage
- Ability and eagerness to learn and explore new topics independently
- Ability to work with the team in the design and development aspects for the Product
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong desire to work in high performing team
- Other Core Competencies required are # Customer Focus, Business Acumen, Innovative Thinking, Change Agility, Intercultural Sensitivity, Self-Develop.
- Knowledge of major J2EE servlet container or application servers: Tomcat, Jboss, glassfish and Web Servers is preferred.
- Ability to identify performance issues within the architecture, Load balancers, Web/App servers, Database, Operating System, Network, Software (JAVA/.Net) and Hardware.
- Experience in testing on Windows & Unix platform, including Clustering, LVM's, Multipathing software’s etc.
- Extensive testing experience with NAS & SAN storage arrays/appliance, FC/iSCSI/NFS configuring, replication technologies, storage provisioning, zoning etc.
- Familiarity with Jenkins for continuous integration, delivery and automation.
- Significant experience in either an internal or external test engineering role, or similar
- Proven experience in customer facing roles
- Experience working virtually in a globally-dispersed team
- Some project management experience in an engineering / test environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Lean certification or Six Sigma Green/Black Belt.
What we look for
- A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion
What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations – Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We’ll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.